After the Nightmare, comes the Dream Come True!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
After a post Monday under 'reluctant and uninformed' which described my horror story, I was responded to promptly by a couple of VOOMERS here (TYORK, Vicki, others?) and THANKS to them for putting me in touch with Regional Reps, etc--which I emailed immediately, with photos, etc.

TODAY, 4 days later, I have a new receiver (the old one came in a generic box and didn't work and the installer didn't work either) in a Motorolo VOOM box with S/N 0859... put in by a top-notch, experienced installer who seemed to have VOOm himself (I think al Installers should at least have VOOm themselves!!!!)

It went quick, without problems--OTA fine, VOOm fine and I am amazed--the programming is great.

Not only the HD part, but the content--my husband, being a baby boomer, is glued to RAVE and Fleetwood Mac.

Charlie Dolan--keep up the good programming--keep good quality SD, too and keep the content coming--good stuff the other stations don't have -- love the movie line-up--better than HBO, Starz or any of it.

Please pass on to Charlie that SE South Dakota will just explode with VOOM soon.

I have an idea on that I will post under another thread.

For now--back to my VOOOOMMMM.

Thanks for those who gave me help and contacts in the area who shared their experience and insisted, also, on another installer. They won't regret that decision.

Thanks again,

Congrats, bookwalk! Seems like the best thing you did (after deciding to get Voom -- good call!) was to listen to TYORK. I'm pretty sure she's magic. :D

Yea, bookwalk! It works and not only VOOM but all the great people on the satguys and Yahoo forums make it so.

By the way, should you be able to pull yourself away from VOOM long enough to get on the forum does your handle, "bookwalk", have a special meaning--such as you actually read as well as watching TV? Or I remember saying you put out a newletter--something to do with that?

Still watching HDTV (but if it gets sunnier...) under mostly sunny Seattle skeis, Gill

SeattleVoomer1 said:

By the way, should you be able to pull yourself away from VOOM long enough to get on the forum does your handle, "bookwalk", have a special meaning--such as you actually read as well as watching TV? Or I remember saying you put out a newletter--something to do with that?
I often find myself wondering about folks' names here. You've inspired me to start a thread about it in the ChitChat forum. :D
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54421

bookwalk

Glad to here every thing went well for you today.

tyrok

SeattleVoomer1 said:
Yea, bookwalk! It works and not only VOOM but all the great people on the satguys and Yahoo forums make it so.

Still watching HDTV (but if it gets sunnier...) under mostly sunny Seattle skeis, Gill

Well, I will be back to reconnecting cables in the back of my HD tv soon--rerouting a mass of wires--we have MPEG receiver, 922 C-band 4dtv receiver, DVD recorder, etc, etc to try to manipulate1

Bookwalk--I don't honestly recall how I chose that name--I am into books--just published a family history and walk is part of my name--I am always looking for quaint used books on EBAY--history-oriented, etc. (Wow--those HDTV images of documents and printing are soooo great!)

I publish a Township Newsletter our here in the boonies of SE South Dakota--mainly as a result of the Township trying to take down big old trees that had been here over a century in the right-of-way--so a bunch of us started some meetings and the newsletter was a good way to reach every resident and get them involved in saving our tree heritage. We got the old board to resign and a new board was voted in that is not quite so adamant on removing mother nature's adornments. So--I publish historical information about the township, local business ads, any topic that comes up, etc, etc.

Thank you again

TYORK said:
bookwalk

Glad to here every thing went well for you today.

tyrok

Thank you again and I thanked the Field Rep (or whatever his title) for Installs, Inc for his intervention and turning this whole thing around 180 degrees.

My husband's co-workers are waiting for an invitation--so we will be setting up a lot of special nights in the next 2 months (while we have the Va- Va Voom special). Plus neighbors, friends, etc, etc--who can't really see VOOM any other way before they try it.

It sells itself if it just has a Display Outlet with a Large HDTV (not the 17" at our local Sears store).

HELP--OTA not pulling in PBS and so VOOm authorized me for an upgraded Antenna, BUT they are sending the first installer than had so much trouble--how can I get them to change to the second one who finally finished the installation and had no problems (except the OTA)? Do I call VOOM or Installers, Inc?

bookwalk said:
HELP--OTA not pulling in PBS and so VOOm authorized me for an upgraded Antenna, BUT they are sending the first installer than had so much trouble--how can I get them to change to the second one who finally finished the installation and had no problems (except the OTA)? Do I call VOOM or Installers, Inc?

was you talking to Norbert or the field manger in your? Call installs and let them know that you had so much trouble with that installer and you want the 2nd guy to come back to you house.

tyork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)