After the storm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just used an HDMI on my AZBOX for the first time a few minutes ago. I've been using component cables. Both component and HDMI outputs are active on mine at the same time, regardless of whether the video is set for HDMI or component in the settings menu. I'll continue to use the component cabling, since I have a 7 port switcher supplying the signal to the TV which doesn't suport HDMI, but it's good to know that the HDMI works.
:)

I have thought about contacting the company but didn't know whether or not this problem was caused by the lightning storm or a defect. The HDMI output was working fine untill the storm.

I had a problem like this I found last night. I am in the process of moving dishes away from the house a bit and one of the ones I have set up in the new location went out on me last night. I first noticed it from the living room when I tried to access a channel on sat 123. I showed zero quality and when I went back to sat 83 which I was just watching it also showed zero quality. We had storms in the area and I thought that a high up cloud was knocking my signal down. Ok later I was in the bedroom and watching RTV on 83 and thought I would check 123. and so I switched over to 123 and it shut my coolsat down. WOW I thought I had a receiver out. I went over to it and turned it on and off on the back and it would not come on. That reminded me what had happened in the living room so I unpluged the coax and it can on. I switched to RTV on 83 and shut it down and hooked up the coax and it was ok again. This morning I went out to investigate and found a few holes in the NEW coax. Weedwacker or rabbit I guess. Thought it was the storm.
Now a day later I think it may be the zinwell 6x8 as I removed the coax from the zinwell outside that morning after I saw the bald spots on the coax and later that night I tried the receiver in the bedroom and when I went to 123 with the coax removed it shut down the receiver again.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts