Age to get Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So your 16, no big deal, have your parents sign for it, as long as the monthly bill is paid, your fine.

As many have said here, you purchased a unit that is leased and paid the amount required to get the rec...

You got a D12 , thats NOT an advanced unit (HD and or DVR) so your only looking at a 12 month commitment.

Jimbo

Agreed, but I thought standard receivers were now an 18 month commitment. Then again, I also thought D* required a credit card now to activate the account now.

Agreed, but I thought standard receivers were now an 18 month commitment. Then again, I also thought D* required a credit card now to activate the account now.

You could be right on both accounts.
I haven't had to do anything with them in a year or so.

Like I mentioned, he could always have his parents sign for the equipment

Jimbo

its an old receiver i have but im going to get a refurb around christmas. I only have one dish pointed at 101. I want locals too. How hard is it to point to 72w?
Locals off 72 requires a single dish solution. Not going to be able to share the one dish for 101 and 72 signals. Now if your locals are now on D10 or D11, you can use a 5LNB dish to get all your signals and drop the idea of the 72 dish altogether.

I installed it myself and they said if i had the money then i could pay for it. We live in a concrete block house and dont want holes drilled in the walls like D* does and routing cable through roofs cost extra they told me (the local installers)

I installed it myself and they said if i had the money then i could pay for it. We live in a concrete block house and dont want holes drilled in the walls like D* does and routing cable through roofs cost extra they told me (the local installers)

Run your wiring along with other existing lines going into the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)