*AHHH*.. no VOOM for me!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Yeah, it sucks I'll be without V*, and D* for about a week as I'm getting a new roof put up on the house! I can't believe I will be without HD, even if it's just for a few days (yeah I know I've been spoiled)! I'm stuck with this lame a$$ basic cable, that really looks terrible in my area. I envy all of you now. :(

GeneWildershair said:
Yeah, it sucks I'll be without V*, and D* for about a week as I'm getting a new roof put up on the house! I can't believe I will be without HD, even if it's just for a few days (yeah I know I've been spoiled)! I'm stuck with this lame a$$ basic cable, that really looks terrible in my area. I envy all of you now. :(

Feel your pain Jay. I do not know what I would without my HDTV....

Our guest room is ready for you and dinner is at 6:30. See you there.

Shelly

P.S. Will you be needing a car while you're here?

shelly said:
Our guest room is ready for you and dinner is at 6:30. See you there.

Shelly

P.S. Will you be needing a car while you're here?

WOW... what an offer! ;) I guess I'll take you guys up on that if my wife kicks me out for complaining about cable PQ too much! lol...

ya know, I was just thinking about how much fun it will be to put that dish back up there and find the signal again! :rolleyes: BTW guys, the first installer that came to my house, (who initially hooked up the 18" dish) never grounded my dish. I would like to ground it when I set up my 30" again. What do I need to get to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to call back the installers, as they were just plain jackasses, that I don't want back in my home.

Gene, I think you need to pay Voom $199 to do this for you. Obviously, customers are not competent enough to do a self install. Ergo, they are not competent enough to re-install :)

cyuhnke said:
Gene, I think you need to pay Voom $199 to do this for you. Obviously, customers are not competent enough to do a self install. Ergo, they are not competent enough to re-install :)

lol... yeah let's see... the first installer got a low 40's signal for me, and said that was the best I could possibly get, and that I should be happy with it. This was the old scale btw. A few days later I adjusted and got mid to high 50's. Then when I had someone come back out for the 30" install, they said there was "no way it would work because of the angle the dish needed to be pointed." He also said " it wouldn't work unless I modified my roof some how so that the dish could point lower". Well as soon as he left it took me about a half hour to attach the mounting pole, angle it, and the dish, and got a 99 signal! Yeah let me just go ahead and pick up that phone, and give them a call! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts