Aiming 1000.2 with signal strength meter issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
After replacing a bad (intermittent) single node, I'm becoming fairly successful getting my 1000.2 aimed at 110, 119, and 129 when camping. However, I'm getting what I think is an odd behavior from the Hopper when aiming. Using a cheap analog SF-95 signal meter, I'm getting a strong signal that pegs the meter every 2 or 3 seconds or so which is making it harder to aim the antenna. I don't remember getting this a while back. When aiming I set the Hopper on 119 tp 19. Is this normal behavior? Thanks for any help.

Get a decent meter. The investment will payback in easier and quicker installs. I used a Accutrac 22 Pro for several year until the batter wore out. I treated myself with a First Strike FS1.

Never user the receiver meter. Too often I am 150' out from the trailer. A good meter can control the dish without the receiver.

Get a decent meter. The investment will payback in easier and quicker installs. I used a Accutrac 22 Pro for several year until the batter wore out. I treated myself with a First Strike FS1.

Never user the receiver meter. Too often I am 150' out from the trailer. A good meter can control the dish without the receiver.

I treated myself with the AI Turbo S2. Its the easiest one to use.

That is a great meter!
They now have a new one.called XR-3 with the color display and they have now started the modules. so If you want the asia frequency all you need to do is swap module. If NA then its a module swap. Here is further info fresh off the press.

1)XR-3 base instrument (modules sold separately) - $545
2)XR-S2ACM-01 module - $350
3)XR-TS2-01 module - $350

Thanks for the suggestions on the meters - it's in my future budget, but I just bought the TV4RV tripod setup & will have to save my pennies for a while. My concern is, something is sending a voltage/signal down the RG-6 ever 2 or 3 seconds for about a 1 second period of time. I'm just afraid a good meter will also have to deal with this signal. If the weather holds this weekend I'll try my second Hopper and see if it exhibits the same behavior. I'll post back one way or the other.

Thanks for the suggestions on the meters - it's in my future budget, but I just bought the TV4RV tripod setup & will have to save my pennies for a while. My concern is, something is sending a voltage/signal down the RG-6 ever 2 or 3 seconds for about a 1 second period of time. I'm just afraid a good meter will also have to deal with this signal. If the weather holds this weekend I'll try my second Hopper and see if it exhibits the same behavior. I'll post back one way or the other.
I'm guessing what you are seeing is the receiver is changing LNBs and polarity searching for the desired satellite. I use a very inexpensive meter but between a DPP33 switch and the LNBs of a Dish 1000 Plus (old version with separate LNBs). You could maybe add a switch ahead of the LNB and internal switch to overcome your problem. You would only need that while aiming the dish then go back to the one in you 1000.2.

The more expensive meters can run without the receiver being connected and will control the LNB and switches itself so the problem you are seeing wouldn't exist.

They now have a
1)XR-3 base instrument (modules sold separately) - $545
2)XR-S2ACM-01 module - $350
3)XR-TS2-01 module - $350

FYI - The prices for the XR-3 and related modules and accessories is now lower than what was published above. Present prices are:
1) XR-3 base instrument (part number XR-3, modules sold separately): $420
2) VSAT / commercial TVRO satellite meter module (part number XR-S2ACM-01): $310
3) DBS satellite meter module (part number XR-TS2-01), for DISH, DIRECTV, Shaw Direct, Bell TV: $310
4) Cable/Off-Air module (for QAM J.83 Annex B QAM64/256, 8VSB/ATSC, and Analog) (part number XR-CA-01): $450

Thanks.
Scott Haywood
Applied Instruments, Inc.
shaywood@appliedin.com

FYI - The prices for the XR-3 and related modules and accessories is now lower than what was published above. Present prices are:
1) XR-3 base instrument (part number XR-3, modules sold separately): $420
2) VSAT / commercial TVRO satellite meter module (part number XR-S2ACM-01): $310
3) DBS satellite meter module (part number XR-TS2-01), for DISH, DIRECTV, Shaw Direct, Bell TV: $310
4) Cable/Off-Air module (for QAM J.83 Annex B QAM64/256, 8VSB/ATSC, and Analog) (part number XR-CA-01): $450

Thanks.
Scott Haywood
Applied Instruments, Inc.
shaywood@appliedin.com

Thanks Scott.!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts