Aiming Dish, IA-6 Transponder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
What's a currently active transponder on IA-6?

I'm aiming my 80cm dish on an HH-120 positioner from northern MN (46.8n 92.3w). IA-6 at 93 is my true-south satellite. The elevation adjustment for the dish with the motor (not the true elevation) is 23° per the calculator at Sadoun.com. The dish seems to look almost straight vertically. Is this correct? Thanks.

Sounds right,I use the below to point at IA-6.

12173 freq.
V pol.
3000 s/r

Well, kind of long story...

In late Nov., my brother, dad, and I placed the post on our deck and mounted the dish on the positioner. Nice, good. Well, after some toil, I figured out that what I had ought to be doing is unscrewing the HH-pole bolts and moving the dish around (after moving the dish to IA-6 with the motor from true south, which I had already done....). Fast forward about a month later. I tend to procrastinate, but I was also very busy, and, this being my first time doing this and not exactly being mechanically inclined, I thought I needed my brother's help (which I probably didn't, since the wrench was right there!!), and his schedule wasn't exactly in perfect harmony with mine. I began to try to aim today, when I decided to try it without the motor. The pole happened to not be perfectly plumb. We were able to get it plumb (with the dish and motor off), but now we need to stuff something between the post and deck to keep it still there. Oh well, it should be up soon, now that we figured the problem out, I hope - I think it will though. All I really have to is bolt the H-H back to the pole and dish to H-H after sealing the crack (so the plumb pole is not moved). I hope my "next" dish will be easier, after having learned with the first!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts