Aiming Dish Network Dish

ckbrown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Monroe LA.
Hi Guys,

My boss asked me a question about the procedures for aiming a dish network HD dish. He was watching the DishNet. installer replacing his older Superdish with the newer HDdish. My boss said that the installer mounted the new dish on the existing mast. Then the installer took a assembly made of a single LNB and set it the LNB mast. It was not bolted or screwed on in any way. The installer then took a service meter of some kind and connected it to the coax that was already attached to the LNB. He then aimed the dish using the meter. Then the installer removed the single LNB head and bolted the triple head LNB assembly to the LNB mast. The installer did not re-check the alignment after installing the triple head unit. Is this standard procedure? Would the dish be pointed correctly if the single unit was not installed on the Y Bracket fully or tightly?

I watched a technician later check the POINT DISH menu. But was a reading of about 70 good for Satellite 119? I have no clue. What satellite should the HD dish be pointed at and what would be the best signal strength for our zip code of 71292?

The installer was setting up the single to look at 119. Once you have a strong signal there, you can replace it with a triple LNBF because they are angled to pick up 110 and 129 based on the lock on 119.

BTW, the HD sat is 129 and 70 signal strength should be more then enough for viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)