Aiming Toroidal T-90 Dish Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SVHD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I'm in the process of trying to aim a T-90 Toroidal Dish and I need some help. My latitude is 39.64N and my longitude is 84.16W. Wave Frontier provided me with the following calculations; Elevation: 44.1 Degrees; Skew: 92.8 Degrees; Azimuth (Compass scale) 182 Degrees Magnetic North. The sat closest to my nearest true south is located at 85W. My questions are:

1. Do I use a compass to aim my dish to 182 degrees or can I use the sat closest to my true south and a sat finder;

2. Does the set screw for the LNB holder go in the back or front;

3. How true is the skew.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

SVHD

I'm in the process of trying to aim a T-90 Toroidal Dish and I need some help. My latitude is 39.64N and my longitude is 84.16W. Wave Frontier provided me with the following calculations; Elevation: 44.1 Degrees; Skew: 92.8 Degrees; Azimuth (Compass scale) 182 Degrees Magnetic North. The sat closest to my nearest true south is located at 85W. My questions are:

1. Do I use a compass to aim my dish to 182 degrees or can I use the sat closest to my true south and a sat finder;
I like to use this program:SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: WF Toroidal Calculator
for set up of the T-90. Choose the sats you want to view, it will then give you the center satellite to aim at - often an imaginary satellite. You can play with this program to figure out the azimuth range you would like to view. It will give you the elevation angle for the central satellite. Be sure to set the elevation before you set the skew. The azimuth values given need to be adjusted for magnetic declination.

2. Does the set screw for the LNB holder go in the back or front;
Both screws (rail and pivot shaft) go in from the back.

3. How true is the skew.
Mine was very good.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

SVHD

Hope this helps,
Bob

I have my LNB holder screws in the front. Will move to back of holder tomorrow. Should I move my center LNB (82W) to the 0 marking on the rail? By the way--thanks for the welcome. Look forward to being a member and strong supporter of this site.

I have my elevation, skew and azimuth set per Wave Frontier calculations and I'm trying to line up my center LNB (82W) and the strongest signal that I can get is 62. (on the antenna in use now I get 99). I tried adjusting my elevation and azimuth and regardless of where I set these--I still get a 62. Something is wrong--please help.

Other questions-----

1. Should I have my LNB holders aimed with the markings toward the sub reflector or the main reflector (dish).

In advance--thanks for your help.

You should have the lnbf (itself), which should be inside of the holder, pointed at the sub-reflector and away from the main dish.
If you are aiming at Nimiq2, I hope you are using a reversed lnbf. A regular Circular lnbf will not work on the Torodial dish. I would try for AMC5 @ 79.0w or AMC9 @ 83.0w.

Al

I am using a reversed polarity LNB for 82W. What type of LNB setting should I be using under installation and LNB setting?

I tried all of my LNB's and it appears that I'm not getting any kind of signal on none of them. LNB's ;74W;82W;91W;97W and 101W. What am I doing wrong?

Since you have a reversed lnbf, place it on zero (in the center) and adjust your dish until you find the satellite. Up/Down Left/Right whatever it takes, but be gentle in your movements. Whatever data Wave Frontier gave you, should be close, but I doubt that it's perfectly correct. Everything will fall into place once you find that 1st satellite.

Al

How did you set your elevation? And did you set it before you moved the skew off of zero?
Bob

I tried all of my LNB's and it appears that I'm not getting any kind of signal on none of them. LNB's ;74W;82W;91W;97W and 101W. What am I doing wrong?

Simple set up;
You need to have a cheap signal meter. It will not work trying to set up a T90 with only a PCI card.

It is normal for the dish to appear be 90 degrees with the ground.

Best to set up with a circular lnb in the center with out any skew.

Then add outboard circular lnbs and skew for the best signal on the two outboard lnbs. readjust aim of center lnb (by moving on rail).

That is the coarse adjustment,

next install linear lnbs and make small adjustments to peak the two most outboard linear lnbs.

Since you have a reversed lnbf, place it on zero (in the center) and adjust your dish until you find the satellite. Up/Down Left/Right whatever it takes, but be gentle in your movements. Whatever data Wave Frontier gave you, should be close, but I doubt that it's perfectly correct. Everything will fall into place once you find that 1st satellite.

Al

Just like VoomVoom says one LNB in the center, find that one first and then build from there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)