Al Jazeera Is Now Scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For all the money they have, I'd think they would at least demand that Dish label their channel correctly. It's still called "Current".

For all the money they have, I'd think they would at least demand that Dish label their channel correctly. It's still called "Current".

Could it be they think a name like Current will attract more viewers than the Al Jazeera name...? I think at Dish they just don´t care.

Al Jazeera America’s Ratings Woes Get Worse

Al Jazeera America has been on the air for just about two months and despite being carried in roughly 44 million homes, Americans are apparently not interested in what the Qatar-owned network is offering.
At only about 13,000 viewers a day since its Aug. 20 launch, Al Jazeera America’s daily viewership is reportedly less than half what it was under Al Gore’s unsuccessful Current TV. The news network was only able to draw in about 5,000 viewers in the coveted 25-to-54-year-old demographic.
To put the awful ratings into perspective, consider that 13,000 daily viewers is about .00029 percent of the total number of households who have access to Al Jazeera America.
Many small cities you have probably never heard of have populations larger than 13,000, including Chickasha, Okla. (16,036) , Hutto, Texas (14,000), McPherson, Kan. (13,218), and Kalispell, Mont. (19,927).

The ratings are so incredibly bad, they aren’t even reported by Nielsen and are considered a “scratch,” the New York Post reports. Current TV was bringing in about 31,000 daily viewers one year ago.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...s-have-gone-from-laughable-to-just-plain-sad/

They're in it for the long run. We're out of luck for the long run. By the way, what's with the crappy SD picture ? What were they thinking ?

I still think at least some of those well known anchors on AJAM will jump ship, I don´t think it´s good for their careers and resumes to say: "I was in AJAM the cable news network nobody watches". ;)

Or more to the point, to be out of a job with few prospects. They probably are getting a nice paycheck right now and are just holding out to the end of their contract to jump. I'm sure a lot of them have already been negotiating positions with other networks.

Al Jazeera America Already Loses an Anchor

Hey, I didn´t know this, this note is from a couple of months ago.

Just three weeks after Al Jazeera America’s much-publicized launch, anchor Morgan Fogarty is quitting and returning to her previous co-anchor position at WCCB-TV in Charlotte, N.C. It’s the latest blow to the new-found network, which is funded by the government of Qatar.
Fogarty recently moved to New York City to take the Al Jazeera position, but she has apparently decided that the new job isn’t for her

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/10/al-jazeera-america-already-loses-an-anchor/

I think one problem, for a new 'news' outlet, is most Americans don't even watch the news. Much less national or international news. And if they do watch the 'news' they're only looking for the sports scores.

Al Jazeera America has been on the air for just about two months and despite being carried in roughly 44 million homes, Americans are apparently not interested in what the Qatar-owned network is offering.
At only about 13,000 viewers a day since its Aug. 20 launch, Al Jazeera America’s daily viewership is reportedly less than half what it was under Al Gore’s unsuccessful Current TV. The news network was only able to draw in about 5,000 viewers in the coveted 25-to-54-year-old demographic.
To put the awful ratings into perspective, consider that 13,000 daily viewers is about .00029 percent of the total number of households who have access to Al Jazeera America.
Many small cities you have probably never heard of have populations larger than 13,000, including Chickasha, Okla. (16,036) , Hutto, Texas (14,000), McPherson, Kan. (13,218), and Kalispell, Mont. (19,927).

The ratings are so incredibly bad, they aren’t even reported by Nielsen and are considered a “scratch,” the New York Post reports. Current TV was bringing in about 31,000 daily viewers one year ago.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...s-have-gone-from-laughable-to-just-plain-sad/

they had more viewers in Dearborn alone.

Al Jazeera America may as well be unwatchable, from one month ago:

"Last week, some of Al Jazeera America’s daytime news programs hit zero among the key demographic of those aged 25 to 54, and its primetime shows bounced in and out of the single-digits in the same demographic. For example, Mediaite reported that the 10 p.m. primetime show Consider This averaged only 3,000 viewers of those aged 25 to 54 and only 9,000 total. On Thursday, the show earned a 0 rating."

"AJAM’s headline program, America Tonight, pulled an average of 18,600 viewers last week. For comparison, the Monday viewership for MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show was 997,000, CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight was 530,000, and Fox’s The Kelly File was 2,066,000." -- National Review

Wonder what their reach was when AJE was on 97W ?

Probably less.

Although with 97W and their webstream combined it was probably a bit more. Maybe 25k viewers. I have no doubt the bulk of viewers would be the Internet streaming.

How do?,

I miss Al-Jazeera on Galaxy, but allegedly there was a satellite dispute.

QUESTION: All of Galaxy went B&W at 0000hrs, 25Nov13, with poor quality, and no off-air recording. So, RT, CNC, M2 and all the others are inaccessible. So what happened and how do I work around it?

It's 00:31 and the channels you list, and the 200+ others, are working here. No change. Maybe it's your weather conditions or your dish moved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)