Ala Carte Channels

how do you know Bob?

What if the person has say AT250 and they have it only for the Encore channels. He can drop down to say AT120 and add Encore for $5 a month
What if he wants the Blaze or Current TV only?

You really should help people with their questions....makes it more fun :)

how do you know Bob?

What if the person has say AT250 and they have it only for the Encore channels. He can drop down to say AT120 and add Encore for $5 a month
What if he wants the Blaze or Current TV only?

You really should help people with their questions....makes it more fun :)
Ice it is not that I don't want to help it is more people ask the questions without searching then they ask if Disney or DIY is available trying to dream the impossible dream. As was pointed out at least 95% aren't available.

It sounds to me like the OP needs to absolutely minimize his bill and hopes he can just pay a very small fee for a single channel, not a package. Maybe he has EHDs to catch up on.

So would the cheapest pkg be Latino Basic at $24.99, or perhaps the Smart Pack (formerly Family) at $29.99? Nothing cheaper to keep service continuing? Or put it on hold?

Or just to add a specific channel to a minimal package:

A La Carte
Details

Outdoor Sports $

CineLatino $

Current TV $

Encore Movies $

Heartland $

The Blaze TV $

Veria $

Multi-Sport w/Redzone $

Fox Soccer Plus $

Playboy $

Latino Bonus $

Racetrack TV $

It sounds to me like the OP needs to absolutely minimize his bill and hopes he can just pay a very small fee for a single channel, not a package.
This the the way I read it as well.

Looking around, you may be able to get single channels on C band for around $6/month (if paid a year at a time up front). DISH probably won't go below the Welcome Pack ($19.99/month) unless you're looking for an LIL channel. It is notable that the Welcome Pack does not qualify for equipment leasing; for that you must step up to the Smart Pack.

but if you already have equipment even on a lease the WP does qualify for contract (DIRT has posted it numerous times)

The channel is 159 NBCSP have the sports pack wanting to down grade after new customer promo goes off. What would be the cheapest package with 159 in it. Thanks

Unfortunately, "cheapest package" and NBC Sports don't collide at Dish right now.

As an FYI to Dish (and NBC Sports), I will probably be dropping them if NBC Sports doesn't drop to a lower package *cough* Latino Dos *cough*. I will not spend that much money to get English Premier League soccer. There is little I watch on TV, Cartoon Network, FSC, Food Network, and TCM. Losing FSC will make paying $60+ a month not worth it anymore. No one does it cheaper, so that'd mean off the cable/sat grid for me. The odd thing is I'd be willing to spend $40 a month just for those four channels and DVR service, but we've been told that a la carte won't work.

There is little I watch on TV, Cartoon Network, FSC, Food Network, and TCM. The odd thing is I'd be willing to spend $40 a month just for those four channels and DVR service, but we've been told that a la carte won't work.

If you are willing to pay $40 for four channels plus the cost of DVR service, and taxes, it's possible it would work for you. $40 total not sure. I think $10 is in the realm of what many channels would cost standalone. What I'm not sure about - how much of that would go to the provider making it worth it to keep that kind of customer. Making some money per channel on many channels works, making some money per channel on just four may not. When I say making money, I mean before other operating costs.
If it were to work I would guess you would need to buy a minimum package, then add channels A La Carte not in the package. That might lower the per channel added if that company has a channel already in your package. It would allow for a couple of channels to be added before it would be just as cost effective to go to the next higher package.

The closest you what you want might be online.

Last edited:
If you are willing to pay $40 for four channels plus the cost of DVR service, and taxes, it's possible it would work for you. $40 total not sure. I think $10 is in the realm of what many channels would cost standalone. What I'm not sure about - how much of that would go to the provider making it worth it to keep that kind of customer. Making some money per channel on many channels works, making some money per channel on just four may not. When I say making money, I mean before other operating costs.
If it were to work I would guess you would need to buy a minimum package, then add channels A La Carte not in the package. That might lower the per channel added if that company has a channel already in your package. It would allow for a couple of channels to be added before it would be just as cost effective to go to the next higher package.

The closest you what you want might be online.
Honestly, I think a lot of people say they want a la carte, but if the bill came in, they'd jump into a package to get many more channels. There is a niche group that would be willing to pay for fewer channels, if it were cheaper and worth their while, because obviously paying $50 for 4 channels makes no sense when you can get a boat ton more for $60.