Ala Carte Channels

Viewing habits have changed with the invention and widespread use of the DVR. Used to be you had to watch live TV so you needed every channel to flip through to try to find something, anything, yes even that infomercial could be good at times to watch. Now you have all your shows lined up and ready to go, a lot less channel flipping and a lot fewer channels in use. You do not want those other channels because you have never watched them.

Viewing habits have changed with the invention and widespread use of the DVR. Used to be you had to watch live TV so you needed every channel to flip through to try to find something, anything, yes even that infomercial could be good at times to watch. Now you have all your shows lined up and ready to go, a lot less channel flipping and a lot fewer channels in use. You do not want those other channels because you have never watched them.
Never watched them? More like the programming is garbage.

I may be crazy but I don't see a la carte ever happening on a large scale unless it is through smaller bundled packages like Outdoor Sports or Heartland (which isn't technically a la carte but sort of like an a la carte theme pack) or RSNs. I could possibly see with the rising cost of sports the provider dropping RSNs from ALL packages and then charging a monthly fee of a few bucks a month for you to add it to whatever package you have. In fact, I read an article the other day that said the Pac-12 Network was still trying to get everyone to carry all the regional Pac-12 channels and sell the channel a la carte. I guess the trouble is networks like YES, though, who want in EVERYBODY'S package despite the blackout rules.

Yeah, it sucks that NBCSP is not in the sports pack. You could at least save the $9 by dropping the sports pack and you'll still get 159 NBCSP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts