Alabama

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in Alabama.

Birmingham Area - Charter HD

CH# Station
773 ESPN HD
774 Atlanta Braves Baseball HD
775 Discovery HD
777 HBO East HD
778 Showtime East HD
780 WCFT ABC HD
783 WVTM NBC HD
786 WBRC FOX HD

Which is why Charter is not an option for HD for me.

Birmingham Area - Bright House Cable

CH# Station
600 HBO East HD
601 HBO West HD
610 Showtime East HD
611 Showtime West HD
633 WCFT ABC HD
640 WBIQ PBS HD
650 WBRC FOX HD
652 WVTM NBC HD
660 Discovery HD
661 TNT HD
680 INHD
681 INHD 2
682 HD Net
683 HD Net Movies
690 ESPN HD

Where is CBS HD in the Birmingham Area. I have Charter and it just got ABC in January of this year. What about ESPN2 HD? Any other companies that have HD that I can get?(not including the Dishes because they do not provide the HD receivers).

I emailed charter and asked them about CBS and also why they do not have very many HD channels compared to other providers..here's what they said:

"At this time we do not have an estimated time when more HD Channels
will be available in your area. We are negotiating contracts with Local
providers in your area and hope to place sometime in the near future.
We will notify our customers when available in your area."

I do not want to purchase a HD receiver and also I have Charter internet so that's why I chose Charter.

Does the antenna have to be one on top of the house or will a good pair of rabbit ears work to get the OTA HD channels. I need CBS to watch March Madness in HD so Charter needs to have a sit down with CBS 42.

hdbamer said:
Does the antenna have to be one on top of the house or will a good pair of rabbit ears work to get the OTA HD channels. I need CBS to watch March Madness in HD so Charter needs to have a sit down with CBS 42.

Depends on where you live. Go to http://www.antennaweb.org enter your address, it tells you what size antenna you will need. I have mine in the attic.

As I posted above, both Dish & Voom give you FREE HD tuners and alot more HD programming. Do not expect any more HD from Charter. They do not have a very good corporate attitude about HD. Birmingham gets all they provide company wide.

ESPN2 HD only has contracts with Adelphia Cable & DirecTv.

I appreciate the advice. I'll look into that. I had DishNetwork and loved it...I feel dirty for going to Charter but like I said the High Speed Internet/HD package was too good to pass up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)