Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

My vip622 and Dish 1000 are scheduled to be installed on 3/4 - Great news for me! The only OTA HD I can get here is a 60 signal from FOX in ElPaso.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

I realize that the Alb. CBS feed involoves a dispute. Is dish and the local disputing. Is there ever a chance that we will get CBS or just count our blessing and go on. If there is something I can do from my end, like emails to whomever, I would like to know. But the other three channels are a w e s o m e!
Mikey

I went through KRQE also. Odd since they are not our Dish local CBS, but I am not arguing! I love having the later show times from California - the kids are already in bed and I don't have to compete with Nic! Of course, with my 622 being installed Saturday that will not be a problem much longer! :)

Abq Cbs Hd

I live in Rio rancho and have been enjoying CBS in HD for a couple of years now. Just picking it up over the air and it is by far the best HD network out there. Anyone in ABQ can do the same.

cfrank10 said:
I live in Rio rancho and have been enjoying CBS in HD for a couple of years now. Just picking it up over the air and it is by far the best HD network out there. Anyone on ABQ can do the same.
Yeah, but it would take a really tall tower to get that signal to Alamogordo or Carlsbad, NM.

Good to see some New Mexican's on board. I live in Santa Fe and my two best HD OTA signals are from KRQE and PBS HD. They both show up in the lower 90's.
Did anyone have a 622 installed by Dish in Albuquerque yet? I have an install on the 14th of March and hope that I'm not the beta tester! Ready to get rid of the 811.

From the Dish Website for Locals

Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM Local Channels

$5.99 per month Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number

ALBUQUERQUE ABC-KOAT 7 8810
ALBUQUERQUE ABC-KOAT HD 7 6324
ALBUQUERQUE CBS-KRQE 13 8811
ALBUQUERQUE CBS-KRQE HD 13 6325
ALBUQUERQUE FOX-KASA 2 8813
ALBUQUERQUE FOX-KASA HD 2 6327
ALBUQUERQUE IND-KAZQ 32 8817
ALBUQUERQUE IND-KCHF 11 8822
ALBUQUERQUE IND-KRPV 27 8823
ALBUQUERQUE NBC-KOB 4 8812
ALBUQUERQUE NBC-KOB HD 4 6326
ALBUQUERQUE PBS-KNME 5 8816
ALBUQUERQUE TMNDO-KTEL 25 8819
ALBUQUERQUE TELEF-KTFQ 14 8824
ALBUQUERQUE UNVSN-KLUZ 41 8818
ALBUQUERQUE UPN-KASY 50 8815
ALBUQUERQUE WB-KWBQ 19 8814

Last edited:
Since I am just 90 miles North of ElPaso I am able to get KFOX OTA at about 80%, and ABC and CBS at about 60-70%. I hear the 622 has a better OTA receiver than the 811 so the ABC and CBS may improve. Of course, now that Dish is giving us the HD Locals here it won't matter all that much! KFOX does have a 24 hour HD Weather feed that covers our area which is nice to have. ;)

For awhile after only local abc affiliate KAVE sold out to KELP (now KVIA) we had a El Paso station ... unfortunantly they sold out to Alb... KBIM Roswell sold out to KRQE and KSWS sold out to KCBD Lubbock then they sold to KOB... for awhile we had El Paso and Lubbock along with Roswell... They were more in tune with our region than Alb. who more or less newswise cover Alb/Santa Fe and the northern countys...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts