Alienworks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

birdview

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
MO
Did anyone happen to go to the satellite show in Atlanta? Alienworks e-mailed me and said they were going to have a display of the Flat Panel Display there. I was wondering if anyone saw it and if it does what its suppose to.

Alienworks does and doesn't

I was at the show and visited the booth and display of the flat panel antenna.
The construction was somewhat quality, and somewhat "not ready for commercial sale". It appeared to me to be a technology before its time. Had the antenna been twice the size of that on display, the pictures would probably have been acceptable.

Don't have time for a complete discussion right now, but the flat panel works, just not good enough to pay anything for it. I spent about an hour watching the 13 inch monitor, and there was visible sparkle and crackling audio on a scrambled channel.
An unscrambled channel on another satellite did not have noise in the audio, but on a 13 inch tv, I would not trust the naked eye to verify signal quality.

Those running the show were not letting anyone put any kind of meter on the antenna. It looked promising, but I would want an antenna with a better margin between bad pictures and excellent pictures, and I would want an engineering test of the antenna, proving it was engineered properly and could do the job it was designed for.

Chip

I checked it out as well and it was impresive to look at but was not working the way they wanted it to. They could not get it to lock into a digital signal when I was outside.

Others told me later that the issue was fixed and it was working well. However I did not get another chance to go out there and see it.

There are pictures of it in the Satellite Expo photos (you can find the links on the homepage) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts