Aligning a dish on a motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What is the correct order of steps for aligning a dish on an SG2100 motor and the motor on the pole when starting out with your true south satellite?

Do you bolt the dish to the motor shaft, centering the dish perfectly on the shaft, then move the motor to your true south sat using USALS, then move the motor on the pole until the signal is peaked? Do you zero or centre the motor using some sort of reset to ensure its centred when you mount the dish on it?

I'm getting the full arc using disec, but want to get things as close as I can using usals again. When I first started out, usals was bang on for all sats. Now its disec 1.2 only for everything. So I want to know how to start out fresh again.

I agree larry one thing i would add
is if your not using a editor like Channel Master or the one Fortec uses, learn it and download and save everything you have now then tinker with the receiver ( once you have a good saved copy of your channel list) reset the receiver and repeak it so its bang on using USALS again. ( with a saved copy you can always reload and be back where you started). and for a tinkerer like me that helps

motor shouldn't need a reset unless its been acting up just move it to zero and its ready. the other guys mentioned and i'm going to try it this weekend
if you don't have a good TS sat then plug in the numbers long & lat and then key in a sat you know you can hit , let the motor move to it and tune it in and peak it ( USALS) then all the other sats should be bang on via USALS.

You could do what the others have posted, below works well for my setup.

If Disec 1.2 works, then you need to figure out the direction and how far off you are from USALS, Example – go to a satellite with USALS, then use Disec 1.2 and nudge right or left until you find the sat, also count how many nudges are required. Then go to you true south longitude (may or may not be a satellite) and nudge that many times in the direction needed from the previous step and press the reset button on the SG2100 with a paper clip. Remove the sat cable from the STB, uses the STB to move to the true south longitude and turn off the receiver. Now connect the sat cable back to the STB and turn it on. This should re-zero the motor (I know that this works on Pansats it should work with other receivers too, since this resets the motor).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts