Aligning a Multi-Satellite Dish (3 LNB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FavreJL04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
I have had DirecTV since Feb 28 of this year. I am using a Multi-Satellite Dish (3 LNB). It seems like rain and cloudy weather really effects the signal a lot. Does anyone know how to tell if the dish is aimed properly or as good as it can be? Are there certain locations and transponders to check the signal strength on to determine how good it is aimed?

When the weather is sunny, fair, or mostly cloudy the signal seems fine. It just seems like the signal is shotty way too often, but usually for short periods of time. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!!

Do you know how to check your satellite signal? Don't know which receiver you have.On the D11 press Menu, Settings, Setup, Satellite, View Signal Strength.Your
signals on each satellite should be in the 80's to 100's on the D11.It's possible you could have a few channels lower on 101 I have 1 channel at 67.On 119 I have
channels in the 60's to the 90's.On 110 channels in the 80's and 90's.If you call Directv they will want to charge you for a service call unless you have the warranty.Find a local dealer ask how much to tweak and peak the dish shop around for prices.Normally to tweak and peak don't think it should be over $20.If you have signals similar to mine you could have a moisture problem,Then a local dealer would probably be cheaper than calling Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts