Aligning Antenna With Dual Meter

Quantum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
OR
Just tried to align a Dish500 with a dual analog meter and it was a failure. I used a quad LNB attached to the first two connections, and turned the antenna until both bars were maximized, but ran check switch inside and only 110 was seen. Went back out and moved it right until only one was seen, check switch, and then both showed up! What does this mean?

What is the best way to adjust with a dual meter, and how the heck do you find 129 or 149?

Any recommendations on a good dual meter? My ideal one would fit in a pocket, it would be able to power the DP+ LNB, and would cost under $100.

NEW! Acutrac 22 Pro MKII satellite signal meter Directv - eBay (item 190241983716 end time Aug-11-08 05:38:38 PDT)

My one big gripe (and it's a huge one) is that it sorta/kinda works with DP+. Hit or miss. After 3 DP+ installs, the battery is completely drained.

After a few years, I gave up and debated on a SuperSatBuddy or a Birddog, but found this was just as good; without all the bells and whistles.

NEW! Acutrac III + (Plus) Ka Ku Satellite Signal meter - eBay (item 200244369625 end time Aug-12-08 02:38:49 PDT)

The former is good for a budget, and it does keep it around the $100 range you were asking for

Well I borrowed an older Accutrac from a friend yesterday, and I must be too stupid to use an analog meter.

My Birdog is just reading zero most of the time so I guess it must go in for repair, but yesterday I spent 6 hours trying to make the damned analog meter align the Dish500+, and ended up with three subsequent furious customers.

On this Accutrac I had to use a quad LNB because overcurrent on the DP+. Seems to me the quad should default to 119 on the first port and 110 on the second, so I should be able to just turn the dish until both gauges register, and then peak the dish for both. But all I got was squirrelly readings.

Finally in desperation I unwrapped my Birdog (from shipping) and managed to get it to work enough to tell me the dish was too low and got it aligned within 5 minutes!

Maybe I can't work until my Birdog comes back, which means I am screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts