Aligning Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should be able to track your dish with either of the AMC birds up there, it will probably take a few more adjustments is all.
After you adjust your offset angle (for Latitude off equator) you are adjusting the elevation with a satellite nearly overhead (true south bird) and adjusting the direction of the pivot axis (to point true north) with a satellite near the ends of the visable arc.
Some dishes do not have an offset angle adjustment separate from the elevation as my Birdview has it built into the mount. If you lived on the equator there is no offset angle as the satellites are directly overhead.
When I installed my dish I started by tilting it up and sighting across the edges (mine has a weld seam in the middle) at the North Star to get the axis approximately right. I am near 100 deg so I used the satellite at 99 deg. I adjusted the elevation on that sat. and used a western bird to rotate the mount on the pole in the final aiming. then go back and forth a couple of times to tweak it. Just remember which adjustment you want to make at each aiming point.
I did this 19 years ago so all the satellites have changed several times but the dish is still the same.
Bryce

:D Yessssssssssssssssssss :D
I Got It, Yes, Thanks To My Daugther's and Mother's Help. Yes. I Am Getting On Directway On Amc 9... Yes. Well , Let Me Calm Down For Now And Have A Beer....

drHydro, THANKS for the setting to get AMC9, without that I would not make it. :) , thanks for sharing your knowledge, your great. :yes

Thanks VoomVoom, you helped me a lot, as all of the other members too. Great place to start with this hobby.

Great to hear Kelly, congrats :-D I know how hard this can be, having set up my own BUD last year. BTW make sure to mark your pole so you know where you are at, just in case you have to move the mount again in your final aiming ;-)

Yes, THat was the first thing I thought, MARK the pole, and Guess what, I did not, lol.,,, Well at about 11 pm last night when I was scanning some satellites, nothing worked, well, the clamp on my mover I think moved a little, I went up again and fixed it. Now it is thight, and marked.

It is hard, specially in my case because I have a 17 feet pole, so getting up there is HARD.

THanks for all your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts