Aligning my Dish to Atlanta channels... quick question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joebeenimble

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I live in South Georgia... however, I have "moved" to Atlanta several years ago.

Recently, I actually did move from one area of my town to another area and did the installation myself. However, I cannot remember which satellites and transponders I need to focus in on to receive the following:

Atlanta Locals in HD
Atlanta SD locals
All other HD channels, and
All other miscellaneous channels that you get with Dish Bronze HD.

Please tell me what satellites and transponders I need to align my dish to receive.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

I live in South Georgia... however, I have "moved" to Atlanta several years ago.

Recently, I actually did move from one area of my town to another area and did the installation myself. However, I cannot remember which satellites and transponders I need to focus in on to receive the following:

Atlanta Locals in HD
Atlanta SD locals
All other HD channels, and
All other miscellaneous channels that you get with Dish Bronze HD.

Please tell me what satellites and transponders I need to align my dish to receive.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Which Dish do you have? 1000.4? 500+? 500 and 300 wing? I have a 500 for 110/119 and a 300 wing for 61.5. I believe for 119, check TP 11. I just aligned my 61.5 using TP 29 and 31. Hopefully, if things have changed, someone will correct me if this is not the proper TPs to check. Also, TP 10 on 61.5 is higher after the alignment. YMMV.

Atlanta HD locals are on both 129 and 61.5.

You'd be best off with the 1000.2 Dish.
It views the 110/119/129 fleet of satellites.

If you use the 1000.2 you will need clearance down to 28 degrees off the horizon.
The Eastern Arc (1000.4 dish) is much higher. Around 42 degrees and up....but your older receivers will not work (must be MPEG4 only)

Thanks for the responses...

I have a Dish 1000 (I got it about two years ago... right when the VIP 722 came out) and I know that I am pointed at the 129, not the 61....

What other satellites should I be looking for and what transponders should I align to?

Eddie...

I appreciate your help.... should I be focusing in on any particular transponders at the 110, 119 and 129 birds?

As I think about that...

That is a pretty stupid question... one would think that if you are pointed at the right satellite then I would definitely be zeroed in on all of the transponders on that satellite.

I appreciate your help.... should I be focusing in on any particular transponders at the 110, 119 and 129 birds?
I generally set the dish pointing screen on sat 119, tran 11.

After I peak that I go to 129 and tweak the whole dish to give me the best 129.

Now with Ceil2 active, I will probably go to the Atlanta Spotbeam/Transponder (04) and peak that to the highest.

Place foil over the two outer LNBs. That leaves the 119 LNB the only one available. Locate 119 with that LNB. If you have the elevation and skew correct, when you uncover the LNBs and do a Switch Test, all should be found.

Ciel2

I am located in deep south georgia... last time I checked I was in the Atlanta spotbeam, but that was before Ciel2.

Is the Atlanta Ciel2 spotbeam supposed to have about the same footprint as the old Atlanta spotbeam?

I have a message on the Atlanta local stations that says something to the effect of... "we are working on getting these stations back for you, please be patient with us."

I am located in deep south georgia... last time I checked I was in the Atlanta spotbeam, but that was before Ciel2.

Is the Atlanta Ciel2 spotbeam supposed to have about the same footprint as the old Atlanta spotbeam?

I have a message on the Atlanta local stations that says something to the effect of... "we are working on getting these stations back for you, please be patient with us."

That means you are not getting a strong enough signal. The old 129 satellite only had ConUS beams so all stations on that satellite could be received anywhere. They are now on spot beam which doesn't include your area of Georgia. Here's the spotbeam map:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB43.jpg

The only ConUS locals that will remain since all 129 locals will be spot beamed will be on 118.7 and 77. I suspect those on 118.7 also will be removed over time.

From the previous uplink report where they spotbeamed Atlanta on 129

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB43.jpg

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...2-12am-uplink-activity-report-92-changes.html

DOOOOHHHHH

It looks like my Atlanta local gravy train has come to a screeching HALT. So... is that post telling me that Atlanta locals have gone from CONUS to the Ceil spotbeam?

If so... I am outside of the spotbeam and out of luck (I guess)... strange thing is that I used to be in the old Atlanta spotbeam, but now I am not. I thought Ceil was a more powerful satellite.

It looks like my Atlanta local gravy train has come to a screeching HALT. So... is that post telling me that Atlanta locals have gone from CONUS to the Ceil spotbeam?

If so... I am outside of the spotbeam and out of luck (I guess)... strange thing is that I used to be in the old Atlanta spotbeam, but now I am not. I thought Ceil was a more powerful satellite.

There was no old Atlanta spotbeam. It was CONUS on 129. I'm not sure of the spotbeam size/location on 61.5.

Ciel-2 is a very powerful satellite compared to E5 that they are offloading traffic from.

Atlant Spotbeam

Atlanta SD locals (like CW, PBS ect) were on a spotbeam.

You are right about the Atlanta HD locals... they were CONUS. What stinks for me is that they appear to be on a spotbeam now.

What satellite will SB51 broadcast from?

I won't have to use 61.5... will I? If so, I will need to cut down some trees.

Don't feel bad, I am well underneath the spotbeam and got the same message this morning. I wish Dish Network would setup something in their receivers to fall back on us with 61.5 Dishes as well so if 129 didn't work, then 61.5 would.

If you are in South Georgia, put up a 61.5 dish, the spotbeam that covers the southern states (for the most part) is pretty large. 61.5 has the Atlanta locals in HD and SD as well and the spotbeam should reach just to Florida, hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts