alignment help 311 solo 110/119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msinnott

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Placerville, CA
Hello...new to the forum, thanks in advance for you help! I have been trying to set-up a NEW 311 solo to an existing dish. Here are the facts:

-New 311 Solo receiver
-New 311 solo was originally setup/connected to a new dish and working fine (device labeled as DPP 1K.2, 1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3) using 722 HD DVR)
-Trying to now use a different Existing "older" Dish which had 3 LNBs (one Dual LNB with internal switch(110/119) and a single for 129 (this single has 2 inputs; most recently hooked up and workig with 722 DVR a few months ago)
-I have moved the the existing "older" dish to a new location (trailer on my property)
-Only need to point at 110/119 so I disconected 129 LNB; 129 not in use
-Existing "older" Dish is using triple LNB bracket
-when I connected the existing "older" dish to the 311 receiver I was able to get 110 at ~51%; 119 = 0% (the 110 signal was coming in from the 110 LNB and not missaligned; i.e. I know that it is possible to read the 110 satelite via the 119 LNB. In my case the 110 is reading from the 110 LNB; I covered the 110 LNB and the 110 signal went from 51% to zero)
-for some reason i cannot find 119 satelite (signal zero). I tried swininging the dish to the west an lowering a few degrees but cannot find the signal
-if I now do a check switch with the existing "older" dish I lose all signals (nothing on 110 or 119)
-I have a clear line of site and have all angles set pretty tight including tilt/scew; mast is dead verticle and I used my portable GPS to set Azimuth

Questions:

1-I am only wanting to use the dual LNB for 110/119, but it is placed in a bracket that can hold 3 LNBs (in other words they are off-set to the west; the dual LNB is not centered on the dish....does this make a difference?)

2-I have read elsewhere that I should try running a check switch without connecting anything to "re-set" or "clear" the unit...is there any merrit to this in my situation?

3-Is there a way for me to check if the LNB or Swicth is bad (switch etc.)

Thanks again for your help, I hope my post was clear as I know these things can get pretty complicated..

NEW info:
-Tried running the check switch without connection. At 1st thought it worked but then realized that every satelite was now reading 51% (just tlike the 110)....after I ran check switch all signals went to zero again....ARGGHHHH!
-Also as I suspected I now know as suspected that the triple bracket/double bracket should make no difference...

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply:)....when I do the check swicth after conecting to the 311 it does indicate the DPP TWIN, but then I get no signal what-so-ever nothing for 110 or 119.....I am obviously pointed at a satelite somewhere, but maybe its not the right one???? Why would I get a signal at all in one scenario but then nothing after running the check swicth?

Thanks agian for your help!

You are using an old 1000 dish which is smaller than the current 1000 series dishes so finding a signal may be a bit harder. When you find a Sat and run switch test the first slot sat should be 119 and second 110. If you are not using a meter it is rather difficult to find the Sats using the meter on the 311 but it can be done. Find a sat signal and then run the switch test. If you see the 110 Sat in the first slot then you are 9 degrees too far to the east. If you see the 129 then you are 9 degrees too far to the west. After you get the 119 Sat in the first slot after doing a switch test you can fine tune.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts