AlJezeera English debut?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
AlJezeera In America

my local FTA dealer says that super ultra religious customers are 80% of his business

Is there a difference between "super religious" ultra religious" and "super ultra religious"? I am pretty religious but am not sure where I fit in there :D

I will admit the only reason I bought an FTA system is for the religious channels. Although it is nice to have a FOX affiliate that comes in good - we only got a local affiliate recently and it doesn't come in good.

From what I understand, AlJezeera takes the anti-American prespective with most of its reportings. It would be fine with me if they want to broadcast via FTA in North America but if they are indeed anti-American, their ratings may not be to great here. I am pretty open minded but there are some talk-radio shows that are so bias that I just consider them a waste of time. However, that said, they have enough viewers to keep them profitable. Freedom of speech and press in America does not translate to guaranteed profits. If a media group is to be successful here, they need to attract and maintain a following.

iafirebuff said:
I am anxious to view IA5, as years ago I loved to listen to the news from Radio Moscow (Cold War years) and all the prop. from the Eastern Block countries on shortwave radio. I loved to hear Cuba and how they had defeated us, and Moscow broadcast had they had defeated us all along. It is almost entertaining at times. But, that is not to say that we don't do our own fair share of propaganda :)

Larry,

You would love Moscow Today which is also on IA5. Great news channel from Russia in English! :)

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I saw something like that once on a channel called You On TV! What ever happened to that? ;)
It changed and went downhill, I suppose it must have failed. But, now you will find SOAC (smile of a child) on the former TP of UonTV.

Al

Hi:

I think the channel referred to as 'Moscow Today' is actually 'Russia Today'. Very professionally run with news, sports, weather, inverviews and a little information about Russia. It's in English and they seem to keep propaganda to a minimum. There is some, of course, but not as much as you get with FOX.

They do tend to repeat themselves every hour but you get that with most of the news channels.

cheers
Bryce

Right-my bad!

wshillington said:
Hi:

I think the channel referred to as 'Moscow Today' is actually 'Russia Today'. Very professionally run with news, sports, weather, inverviews and a little information about Russia. It's in English and they seem to keep propaganda to a minimum. There is some, of course, but not as much as you get with FOX.

They do tend to repeat themselves every hour but you get that with most of the news channels.

cheers
Bryce

Hi W_Tracy_Parnell:
I just took a look at your forum. Not the place for a left-winger like me! I'm used to the Xandros Linux forums. We talk politics but there are a lot more Liberals then Conservatives. Gets pretty 'lively' sometimes and the moderators are suggesting we concentrate on Linux issues. Probably they are right.

Cheers
Bryce

juan said:
nobody wants it

Demand would increase significantly if it were first available on T5 or other FTA satellite. Requests from cable/satellite operators would lead to inclusion onto local services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)