All 10 Voom channels now on Dish Network

calikarim said:
Sean , you have always been helpful to me. One tip get a 942, for its picture quality over 6000. I had the 6000 for about 3 years and while HD is spectacular, SD when you have the blue lite on in HD upconverted is very grainy and not natural. The 942 has an updated video driver, and you will be stunned by SD. I used to never watch movies in SD, now they look pleasant and like my movies in my upconverting 1910 denon dvd player. I am aghast how good SD looks. SPecially since you have a projector, all the imperfections are magnified.

Get the 942, especially with dual tuner hd dvr, you will love dish. The 942 is even better in terms of picture quality that the 921, i have done a lot of research on other forums

Now vooming on dish . Hd picture quality is about the same i see no difference
Hello,

Thanks for the info! I already have a 942 on order, which is actually what is holding up my install. The 942 receiver is backordered, so I can't get installed until the 10th.

eddie_d_lopez said:
Well, its either a bug in the 811, or guide info is not available from 61.5. I was able to add the V*-10 to a favorites list though. Still can't list in the guide though (goes to download), only scroll through with the up/down buttons.

Next, I might try running the V* coax into the DP34 to see what happens.

The guide info is available from 61.5 as I got it earlier when I hooked up a Dish 6000 to my Voom dish. I saw the VOOM channels listed in the Dish guide.

seandudley said:
Hello,

Thanks for the info! I already have a 942 on order, which is actually what is holding up my install. The 942 receiver is backordered, so I can't get installed until the 10th.

You ar so right. I am also set for install on the 10th because of of the 942.

Message for Sean Mota but Sean Dudley can use it too

Originally Posted by calikarim
Sean , you have always been helpful to me. One tip get a 942, for its picture quality over 6000. I had the 6000 for about 3 years and while HD is spectacular, SD when you have the blue lite on in HD upconverted is very grainy and not natural. The 942 has an updated video driver, and you will be stunned by SD. I used to never watch movies in SD, now they look pleasant and like my movies in my upconverting 1910 denon dvd player. I am aghast how good SD looks. SPecially since you have a projector, all the imperfections are magnified.

Get the 942, especially with dual tuner hd dvr, you will love dish. The 942 is even better in terms of picture quality that the 921, i have done a lot of research on other forums

Now vooming on dish . Hd picture quality is about the same i see no difference

Hello,

Thanks for the info! I already have a 942 on order, which is actually what is holding up my install. The 942 receiver is backordered, so I can't get installed until the---sean dudley

THe message for Sean Mota because he has a 6000, and so did i, but Dudley you will love the 942, amazing pic quality

Enclosed pictures Voom Screen on dish

Here are two pictures of Voom Menu , channel descriptions on Dish 942. i took them thru my cell phone so quality ok, not so great. I also enclosed a picture of the 64 switch, legacy which i use to connect to my new 942. I have Dish 500 set up with 110, 119 and a Dish pointed to 61.5 for HD and my internationals.

Attachments

• voom text 1.txt
    562 bytes · Views: 144
  • voom text 2.txt
    562 bytes · Views: 249
  • voom text 3.txt
    562 bytes · Views: 153
Pictures of Voom on dish

I have enclosed pictures of voom on dish. They are pictures of menu of 942, little crude since from cell phone, but get to see guide of 942. I also have a picture of my 64 switch from dish. I have Dish 500 so i have dish pointed at 110 and 119 for my locals dish 120 package, and 61.5 pointed to get vcom other hd and my internationals which luckily come of same dish

Attachments

• voom 1.jpg
    voom 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 220
  • voom 2.jpg
    voom 2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 221
  • voom 3.jpg
    voom 3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 191
  • voom 4.jpg
    voom 4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 218
  • voom 5.jpg
    voom 5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 199
calikarim said:
Originally Posted by calikarim
THe message for Sean Mota because he has a 6000, and so did i, but Dudley you will love the 942, amazing pic quality

lol.. Yea, I have a 6000 right now, too, and just have the 942 on order. Thought you were responding to a message I had posted :D .

I have a dish 6000U and it's working a-ok.
I used to have dish before voom came along.
I never took the dish 500 ant. down, just in case.
Well I removed the voom receiver, installed the dish 6000.
Hooked my sw21 to the old dish 500 and voom dish.
And it's all good to go!
And Stan your right the 6000 is a POS.
And I don't mean Point Of Sale!
If I leave it on a off the air channel too long and when ever it damm well feels like it.
It goes into it's "acquiring satellite signal" mode for a min or 2.
Like it contsantilly lobitimises itself.
And forgets what it was doing.
I'll be glad when MPEG4 is out and I can get a new recever.

Get a 942

Get the 942, it is amazing. Two tuners, you can record two programs , and one OTA at the SAME time, and wathc another program. The picture quality blows away the 6000 and the vcom reciever. It is sharp , pristine, and resolute.

SD is mindboggling in STREATCH mode. It fills the screen, my 6000 used to uprez the 480 feed in standard definition, and look really weird. The SD mode looks like my upconverting denon 1910, it is unbelievable. It has an updated video driver over the 921 and 811. I did lots of research at other forums on dish.

Patiently awaiting the arrival of my 942. Or maybe I'm impatiently waiting. (It's on backorder. I'm supposed to get it by about the 9th or so.) I can hardly wait to get it. It's been so long since I've been able to use a DVR. I had to give up my TiVo when I moved to Voom because it wasn't compatible with Voom. Then, finally it was compatible, and I tried to hook up my TiVo, and it wouldn't boot any more. So, I've been in DVR withdrawl for a long time now. Will be really nice to finally have that void filled again! And, to be able to time shift HD content easily will be really nice!

With MPEG 4 on the horizon and the 600.00 to 700.00 (with tax) I have wrapped up in the 6000.
I'm reluctant to get another box, just to have it go obsolete in a year.
The 6000 was like 500 base price plus the two 'modules' added to the cost.
Any way, I might take a check on e-bay for one.

I am so confused by all the different stories from dish. Every time I call I get different information. Can Any one tell me if there is any picture quality difference between the 811 and 942 receivers?? Also is it true that a 20" dish is needed for 61.5? the csr told me that is why my voom dish can't be used and will not get all the dish HD channels and voom channels.

I had the additional E* dish pointing to 61.5 installed this morning, and am pleased to say that I too am Vooming again. Got the 10 Voom channels I watched most often.

This whole thing was a major hassle, and it ended up being fairly costly for me, but at least I've got something to watch after a hard day's work.

You know what this has been a blessing in disguise for me, first off its very easy to subscribe to dishnetwork without having any installers coming over meaning over the border in canada those can susbscribe to dishnet like me. I'm glad voom went bankrupt for this to happen. Second I think its wiser to get a 6000/6000u receiver because its upgradable I think if they go mpeg4 instead of getting a 811/942 which isn't. I'm glad dishnet is cool about this, they done this before with the ethnic channels that were free to air or some other system on those regular mpeg2 receivers but then they migrated to dishnet, so glad voom migrated to dishnet thats what I like about dishnet, if a channel fails to market somewhere else they pick you up.

weagle said:
Second I think its wiser to get a 6000/6000u receiver because its upgradable I think if they go mpeg4 instead of getting a 811/942 which isn't.

How is this done?

Is this a consumer hack or does Dish or some other place actually perform the upgrade?

Shelly

they might release a module you plug in that does mpeg4 so no need to buy another receiver just buy the module. they did it before for the 6000 with the 8psk module

RE: 942

Does the 942 have a LETTERBOX or LETTERBOX TYPE mode for displaying OAR films in SD? If so, that's terrific because just stretch mode makes people appear to be 3 feet wide and distorts the picture. Would appreciate hearing from some 942 users.My install is scheduled for Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)