All 10 Voom channels now on Dish Network

Sean Mota said:
I just disconnected my coax from the VOOM receiver and connected it to my 6000u, did a test switch, called and upgraded to VOOM channels and VOILA I am VOOMing.
Congrats and welcome back to Voom. :D

BTW: Are you getting the other E* channels at 61.5 in your guide?
(Internationals at 580+, PIs including 9405 The Pentagon Channel)

JL

Sean Mota said:
nope it did not help for eithe resolution...

Do you think that not using E* dish and LNBF could cause the lines issue?
Please let us know what causes the problem, if you ever find out. I won't order Voom channels until I hear from you.

Conjuror said:
Do you think that not using E* dish and LNBF could cause the lines issue?
Please let us know what causes the problem, if you ever find out. I won't order Voom channels until I hear from you.

That maybe the cause... I will setup the other way and will post...

Well, I hooked up my old Dish 6000 receiver so that I could sign up for Dish basic service, and view the Voom channels until my install on May 10th. They show up in the guide fine, but the problem came when I tried to call in to activate the receiver. They said they show a pending install order already in their system for my address, and they can't activate a receiver with a pending install. The only way to activate it is to cancel the pending install, and if I cancel and activate my receiver, I am no longer eligable for the new customer promotion. So, I guess I'm SOL on receiving the Voom channels until May 10th. :no You'd think they would like extra revenue anywhere they could get it, but I guess not.

For those of you using your old 6000 receivers, please post whether you have any problems getting reception of the old hd pak.

Although I can get picture and sound on all the Voom channels, I only get sound, no picture on the original hd pak.

Please see my post here and the solution offered by advanced tech support.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66446

Shelly

seandudley said:
Well, I hooked up my old Dish 6000 receiver so that I could sign up for Dish basic service, and view the Voom channels until my install on May 10th. They show up in the guide fine, but the problem came when I tried to call in to activate the receiver. They said they show a pending install order already in their system for my address, and they can't activate a receiver with a pending install. The only way to activate it is to cancel the pending install, and if I cancel and activate my receiver, I am no longer eligable for the new customer promotion. So, I guess I'm SOL on receiving the Voom channels until May 10th. :no You'd think they would like extra revenue anywhere they could get it, but I guess not.

? So if I'll order their Voom promotion, I cannot add my own receiver later or vica versa?

Sean Mota get a 942 for pic quaility

Sean Mota , you have always been helpful to me. One tip get a 942, for its picture quality over 6000. I had the 6000 for about 3 years and while HD is spectacular, SD when you have the blue lite on in HD upconverted is very grainy and not natural. The 942 has an updated video driver, and you will be stunned by SD. I used to never watch movies in SD, now they look pleasant and like my movies in my upconverting 1910 denon dvd player. I am aghast how good SD looks. SPecially since you have a projector, all the imperfections are magnified.

Get the 942, especially with dual tuner hd dvr, you will love dish. The 942 is even better in terms of picture quality that the 921, i have done a lot of research on other forums

Now vooming on dish . Hd picture quality is about the same i see no difference

Sean Mota said:
I just disconnected my coax from the VOOM receiver and connected it to my 6000u, did a test switch, called and upgraded to VOOM channels and VOILA I am VOOMing.

I don't get it... coax of the Voom dish?
everybody said LNB won't work for Dish - so what's the story? Is it enough to buy a 6K and I'm fine for Voom?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

T2k said:
I don't get it... coax of the Voom dish?
everybody said LNB won't work for Dish - so what's the story? Is it enough to buy a 6K and I'm fine for Voom?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Voom dish has the Dish Legacy lnb which is the older equipment. It requires a SW-21 switch if you are combining two satellite dishes for each room of your house.

If you have the newer Dish Pro dish and switches, the Voom legacy equipment willnot be compatible. Your switches will be DP-xx.

It just depends on whether you have the older or newer Dish setup.

I have been told that all Dish receivers, though, including the newest ones, will work with Legacy equipment. It is the dish lnb and switch boxes that make the difference.

Shelly

shelly said:
The Voom dish has the Dish Legacy lnb which is the older equipment. It requires a SW-21 switch if you are combining two satellite dishes for each room of your house.

If you have the newer Dish Pro dish and switches, the Voom legacy equipment willnot be compatible. Your switches will be DP-xx.

I have been told that all Dish receivers, though, including the newest ones, will work with Legacy equipment. It is the dish lnb and switch boxes that make the difference.

Shelly

So if I buy a 6000 and that switch, I'm all set, right? :)

PS: Answering myself: no, only for Voom Originals. But hey, that's fine for starter...

shelly said:

Shelly

I tried disconnecting my coax from the voom box and going direct to my 811. Saw 61.5, called to activate, did a hard re-boot, ran a switch check (although its bypassed) but I'm not seeing tp's 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 19, 21, 23, and 24. Is the 811 not compatible with my lnb?

any help appreciated.

He wont see those TPs in the point dish screen, because they aren't included in the point dish screen.

It doesn't mean they don't exist. As long as other transponders besides those show up you'll be able to get the channels just fine.

I have DP hardware for my E* setup, but it's all being bypassed right now. Im running the old V* coax straight to the 811. I just wanted to check the channels out prior to installing a DP compatable lnb on the V* dish and tieing into my DP34. I wonder if I need to split the OTA out of the line before going into the 811? Its currently diplexed.

OK, I was hung up on the fact that I could not see the tp's. But also, when it goes to download sat info, it fails to list any of the V*-10's. Also, everytime I press for the guide it goes to the "Attention: retrieving program..." screen, but fails to list anything but my local ota's.

However, I went direct to the channels and they are there. But it seems like I can access them directly only (via manual entry)???

Well, its either a bug in the 811, or guide info is not available from 61.5. I was able to add the V*-10 to a favorites list though. Still can't list in the guide though (goes to download), only scroll through with the up/down buttons.

Next, I might try running the V* coax into the DP34 to see what happens.

T2k said:
? So if I'll order their Voom promotion, I cannot add my own receiver later or vica versa?

I don't think adding it after the install would be a problem. But, in order to activate my receiver, they said they would have to cancel the pending install first, and then because the receiver had been activated, I would no longer qualify as a new customer for the new customer promotion. I know it's weird, but it's Dish Network logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)