All 10 VOOM Channels on Echostar will be on 61.5!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Scott mentioned this on another thread but I think it is important enough to let any new customers know that as part of your installation, you need to request to get a dish pointing at 61.5 with a setup like this.

00000317.JPG

Otherwise no VOOM channels for you. VOOM CHANNELS ON 61.5 (EAST COAST) or 148 (WEST COAST).

HiDefGuy said:
What do recent subs need to do to make sure they are hooked up for 61.5?

i.e. those with pending installs...

You need to call ask them that you need a dish pointing at 61.5 as well. If they try to give you the run around just tell them that you need it for International channels that you are planning to order in the future. You may have to pay for the installation or switch or dish. I do not know the details. When I did mine a few years back, E* gave me the dish for free but I had to pay for the installation and switch.

What do existing Dish customers who also have VOOM need to do?

I know this is all breaking news and things are in a state of flux, but what is Dish going to offer folks who presently have both Dish and VOOM?

If anyone hears, please post.

HiDefGuy said:
What do recent subs need to do to make sure they are hooked up for 61.5?

i.e. those with pending installs...

Most of the time you have to ask for the 2nd dish or they never mention it to you. I know here for dish we were using 61.5 for 2 local channel and the only way to get it is to request it.

t

David Dietzel said:
What do existing Dish customers who also have VOOM need to do?

I know this is all breaking news and things are in a state of flux, but what is Dish going to offer folks who presently have both Dish and VOOM?

If anyone hears, please post.

If you already have the VOOM dish at 61.5, it will work with E*. The only thing that they need to do is connected it to the switch. I do not know the details of Dish offerings to VOOM subs.

Except the voom lnb is not dish pro compatible, so you'd either have to have a legacy lnb on your dish 500 or replace your voom lnb with a dish pro lnb and get a new bracket to fit the lnb on the voom arm

TYORK said:
Most of the time you have to ask for the 2nd dish or they never mention it to you. I know here for dish we were using 61.5 for 2 local channel and the only way to get it is to request it.

t

61.5 is used for Local programming. For example, my locals come out of Orlando and I receive the alphabet networks off 110,119 but PBS and other IND are on 61.5. It's a free install if you want to receive the additional channels, Just don't talk about Voom 10 yet.

BFG said:
Except the voom lnb is not dish pro compatible, so you'd either have to have a legacy lnb on your dish 500 or replace your voom lnb with a dish pro lnb and get a new bracket to fit the lnb on the voom arm

Technically Voom dish is compatible.
I had Dish 61.5 when switched to Voom. Voom installers just disconnected it from Dish 500 system and Voom worked. Yesterday, I had installation with Dish (SuperDish system). I asked to keep my Dish 500 system. Installer tried. Dish 61.5 worked, but bigger Dish did not work. So he installed SuperDish. But my 61.5 is still here waiting for most likely DP44+ switch :D
Unfortunately E* sales don't know info about this deal yet.
So I will give them couple more hours, even can wait until tomorrow. :D

OK help me out...

I have a Voom (which replaced DirecTV). My Voom dish has two cables coming into the house.

Is there a way to have two dishes and use a multiplexor outside to get the output of both dishes in the house with the two existing cables? It's gonna be real hard to get more cables into where my existing two cables are. REAL HARD. Long story.

DishStore.NET will be offering pgrade kits for those of you who need upgrades. Look at DishStore.NET later this weekend for upgrade packages. (They are closed now as they are at Team Summit)

Sean Mota said:
Scott mentioned this on another thread but I think it is important enough to let any new customers know that as part of your installation, you need to request to get a dish pointing at 61.5 with a setup like this.

00000317.JPG

Otherwise no VOOM channels for you. VOOM CHANNELS ON 61.5 (EAST COAST) or 148 (WEST COAST).

Sean, so you are saying that the West Coast feed will be on 148? I have switched to cable, but with no commitment I may go ahead and get E* installed now.

I just signed up with E* this morning and the install guy didn't know anything about the Voom programming. He did say if I wanted a couple of minor local channels here in the LA area I'd need a second free dish, I said go ahead and install it. Sounds like the second dish is for 148W. I'm gonna call them on Monday (my install is on Tuesday) to make sure I'll get the Voom channels on 148W. Gonna check Lyngsat on Sunday too.

ptech said:
61.5 is used for Local programming. For example, my locals come out of Orlando and I receive the alphabet networks off 110,119 but PBS and other IND are on 61.5. It's a free install if you want to receive the additional channels, Just don't talk about Voom 10 yet.

Unfortunately my locals are on 110, so to get the 61.5 hookup costs me $99. :no

MichaelG said:
whew.....just got them to change my order to 2 dishes. She said that here in the Houston area the second dish points to 148?
Thats true. However, when your installer arrives, give him $10 and ask him to point it to 61.5 instead (just to make sure you get the VOOM channels).

Dish has in the past offered free installation of a 61.5/148 dish with a year programming commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)