All 10 VOOM Channels on Echostar will be on 61.5!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
justalurker said:
The 148 location (once active) will be a mirror. You can get the signals from 61.5 OR 148, depending on which you can see the best.

JL
Hi,

any idea about when the 148 mirror is going to be available? since May 1st?

Thanks.
- J -

Here is thread from Dish forum:

Thread: Dish Expands High Definition Package
View Single Post
Today, 05:42 PM
MikeD-C05

I sent an email to Mark Cicero the Corporate Communications Manager at Echostar Communictions Corporation and Dish Network who wrote the press release on the Dish Network website. I asked him which satellite and would they be mirroring it at 148 and how much they cost. This was at 1:19 pm today. His response to me was the usual:

"Here is the list of channels that we well be offering: RUSH HD, Gallery HD, Ultra HD, Equateor HD, MOsters HD, Animania HD, Majestic Hd, HD News and Guy Tv HD. Right now , we have no plans to mirror on 148 , but are looking at it in the future. We believe that the current satellite at 61.5 has coverage , with various geographical limitations on the west coast as of right now. As for the price, we are still working out the details for existing Dish customers, and hope to have an answer in the near future. "

Mark Cicero
Corporate Communications Manager
yada yada yada

So they don't know how much they will be charging us and they have no immediate plans to mirror the Voom channels on the 148 sat for the west coast , which they acknowledge the 61.5 sat has geographical limitations on the West coast. I think they are still making this up as they go. But something tells me we are going to Pay more for the Voom channels before they add them .

Seems to conflict with what Dish CSR'rs are telling customers in that they will be going to 110. Personally I only see them going to 61.5 due to the lack of space at 110.

Yep, I just read that on that site and on here. Once again the Dish CSR's have lied to their customers and do not know what the heck they are taking about.

JohnH at DBSTalk has confirmed 10 Voom channels assigned to four transponders on Rainbow1 being added to E*'s channel table and EPG. They are in the 9470's and 9480's.

The Voom channels are not 'assigned' in the channel table to anything at 148 (yet) nor 110. They are going to be on 61.5 .

JL

Dish seem to be making a really dumb move here when they have 10 slots for the hockey channels avaliable on 110. Maybe bandwith is an issue if they used them but if it isn't and I was running the joint I'd put them there and move the hockey since it isn't active anyway. I'm sure there will be allot more subscribers for the Voom HD channels than there would be for the hockey package after the lockout anyway. Dish would save allot of money and time installing second dishes and if hockey does come back deal with it then.

The sports packages don't take bandwidth. When a game is shown on one of those channels, it is a mirror of an RSN.

bigstevep said:
Dish seem to be making a really dumb move here when they have 10 slots for the hockey channels avaliable on 110. Maybe bandwith is an issue if they used them but if it isn't and I was running the joint I'd put them there and move the hockey since it isn't active anyway. I'm sure there will be allot more subscribers for the Voom HD channels than there would be for the hockey package after the lockout anyway. Dish would save allot of money and time installing second dishes and if hockey does come back deal with it then.
hmm guess yo dont know the differenc between hi def and sd

BFG said:
The sports packages don't take bandwidth. When a game is shown on one of those channels, it is a mirror of an RSN.
How do you explain the Nets games on the NBA season ticket? They like to use the "Yes" ;) feed alot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG

So can't they just mirror from 61.5 to these hockey slots then?

juan said:
How do you explain the Nets games on the NBA season ticket? They like to use the "Yes" ;) feed alot!!
There are a couple of extra slots on 110 that are used for special games. Most games are on carried RSNs.

Carrying the 10 Voom channels is taking four transponders at 61.5 ... the "10 hockey channels" (if they were unique feeds) would consume less than one transponder. HD takes a lot more space than SD.

BTW: "Mirrored" for those who do not know is simply pointing two channels at the same content. For example, BingoTV at 104 and the Dish500 channel at 9900 - the video and audio is the same. The only thing dish has to do is point both channel numbers to the same content. The channel, regardless of the number of channel numbers pointed at it, takes up the space on one channel.

There are dozens of mirrors on E* but all take up only one channel per content. Other popular mirrors are 103 & 500 and 139 & 450. There are also a lot of mirrors for Dish Latino customers in the 800's. None of them 'cost' any channel space. All they cost is a line each in the EPG and channel tables.

There is a second kind of mirroring, involving the duplication of the same channels on two different satellites. International's are mirrored this way between 61.5 and 148. One channel appears in the EPG but the audio and video feeds ARE duplicated on two different satellites. This does take space from each satellite but enables people who cannot see one satellite to get the programming from another. This is not the kind of mirroring that the hockey channels use.

JL

I have no LOS other than 61 degrees - so this is good news as I could subscribe to the HD pack for 10 bucks with the 5 dollar service fee. Will the other HD channels also be brought over to 61 .. HDNET and ESPN ?

hd_SDI_1080i said:
I have no LOS other than 61 degrees - so this is good news as I could subscribe to the HD pack for 10 bucks with the 5 dollar service fee. Will the other HD channels also be brought over to 61 .. HDNET and ESPN ?
Sorry, but no. Most of the Dish Network HD is on the sat at 110. Check the channel chart at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm . The HD channels are 9420 and up. There isn't a whole lot at 61.5.

Dish has not activated the channels yet, I called and signed up as soon as Voom went dark and I do not have any Voom channels yet.

I just called an added the 10 Voom channels PQ is excellant. Since I was upset about the Voom ending My wife allowed me to get the Brazialian channels and Dish had to come out to add the second dish pointing to 61.5. This is pure luck! Wow, Voom was more! I used to watch GalleryHD, and EquatorHD.Their Back!

I've been reading the posts here for a few months now and it seems like you guys know what you're talking about. Does anyone know if the voom satellite will work to get the voom channels from dish? I just got off the phone with a dish csr and she said yes but called again and got a no. If it'll work then i'll just get the one dish and use the voom dish as the second?

I'm not sure personally but seem to recall reading several posts stating Voom Dishes would need an LNB changed and some other stuff but I could be wrong. I didnt follow all of it too close since Im not gonna go Dish at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts