All American Direct (AAD) in HD $25 EACH? OUCH!

I thought SHVERA limits subs to only 2 cities of distant network signals. From What I read AAD is selling all four cities to subs willing to pay for them. Is that a potential SHVERA violation? Is AAD going down the Charlie road of providing distants? If they are then the NAB will sue. I would like to belive that with all the money AAD is investing in distants that they will follow the law. I do not want to lose them like I lost the distants from E*.

how long did it take for those who ordered online to see channels in guide?

I ordered mine this morning (Sat. morning) and as of 2:09am Sunday morning, I still don't have them. I did call earlier this evening and AAD girl said that with it being a Saturday, it may take 12-24 hours. :rant:

1. Digital law different from SD law - thus being able to get four channels of a network.

2. How many times (hundreds) have people posted why can't we get distant channels if we want them if we pay for them. Well, this is the cost. It is high, but at least I now have the choice.

3. I am not getting quite the same cost I seem to see others are saying. $14.98 per month per network in HD for both West and East. Plus $3.49 per month for per network in SD for both West and East. $18.47 per Network, or $886 per year.
They are charging $7.49 for each HD Channel. That does not seem so out of line. I do not know what happens if you do as they say and ask not to have SD.

Last edited:
They ask your name, address, phone number (They don't care what the number is) and e-mail address. If you qualify then they ask for your credit card and nothing else!
Isn't that about what Dish was doing when they got into legal trouble?

Perhaps these exorbitant prices are there so that AAD can pay legal fees when they get taken to court.

Nope. Different rules for American Direct. The (SD) law specifically talks about what "your provider" can do. Dish, if they provided your locals could not give you distants. American direct is not providing you with your locals, so can give you distants if you are in a white zone. And there is no provision for them to have to physically check your address. I am not quite as up to date on the digital law, but from all accounts (reading google info) they are following the rules.

The FCC was saying the Dish was not going by their own database of addresses correctly to determine if someone was eligible, not that they weren't physically verifying or hiring a private detective. And American direct has no obligation to find out if you get locals from another provider, from Dish or Direct or Cable. Just as if Dish could still give you distants, they did not have to check to see if you got locals from Direct TV. If Dish did not carry your locals, and you were in a white zone they could have given you their distants. The fact that you got locals from another provider was not relevant.

Last edited:
Nope. Different rules for American Direct. The (SD) law specifically talks about what "your provider" can do. Dish, if they provided your locals could not give you distants. American direct is not providing you with your locals, so can give you distants if you are in a white zone.

Exactly! All American direct is a Distant Network provider. Not a Local channel provider like E* and D*. Thats why these guys don't have to follow these same rules as E* or D*. Remember we're not paying E* for this service, Were paying an independent DNS provider.
And ANYONE with a E* receiver sitting in their closet can receive these channels without E* service. Pending your smartcard.

So I finally got my distant networks turned on and the website said I had to get both NY and SF locals plus LA HD, fine, paid for it, I just want LA HD.

Ok, finally, they activated them, and the guide only has NY SD and LA HD, I called and asked where was SF SD and the csr said that since I got LA HD then I won't get SF SD but its still 12.99 plus 24.99 making it 37.98.

So am I supposed to be getting SF SD and someone mucked up somewhere or what? Should I call back and as where is SF SD? I don't really care to have them, but if I am paying for them and supposed to have them, then yeah...I want them.

So am I supposed to be getting SF SD and someone mucked up somewhere or what? Should I call back and as where is SF SD? I don't really care to have them, but if I am paying for them and supposed to have them, then yeah...I want them.
Yes call back. If your paying $12.99 for SD that includes 8 SD channels. The HD have nothing to do with the SD.

So I finally got my distant networks turned on and the website said I had to get both NY and SF locals plus LA HD, fine, paid for it, I just want LA HD.

Ok, finally, they activated them, and the guide only has NY SD and LA HD, I called and asked where was SF SD and the csr said that since I got LA HD then I won't get SF SD but its still 12.99 plus 24.99 making it 37.98.

How long did you wait.

I'm paying $26 for 2 HD Chicago's and the 8 SD East and West. Its Crazy. But will be worth it for football season. I guess. I could get NFL ST for $24 per month in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts