All American Direct Channels

alex06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Has anyone had this same sitiuation before, your comments will be appreciated.

For almost 2 months I had one 311 ird activated with AAD, last friday I upgrade my ird to a 622 DVR HD receiver, the swap process with E went fine, and with AAD my channels came like in 20 mins and I clearly specified to the CSR from AAD that this ird will be replacing my 311. he told that my 311 will loose these channels within 24 hrs, its been 48 hrs and the 311 sill has these channels active, I called them and told them that my 311 is still active and the CSR told me that in their system it only show one ird active (622), and to wait for the 311 to be deactivated.

So until now I have 2 irds with distants and I dont want to sell this ird until these AAD channels are deactivated and I dont get it why is it taking so long. So if anyone had this same problem please post if you were able to fix it.

Thanks

if they are saying only one device is active i dont think there is much you can do to get them off there. except to keep calling back and let them know of this problem and explain to them that you are wanting to sell the 311 and you cant do so until they remove it from your account. what number are you calling? 18007283950?

If they say the 311 is off your account, don't worry about it.
Go ahead and sell it if you want.

i was told once by someone at that number that number your are dialing is just for ordering the channels. and the other number listed above is anything else to do with the channels. so i think the number I listed above is the number that you should be calling. hope that helps

they charged me $11.53 for one month saying that I had 2 accounts,only when I had 1 account...
Spoke to a manager and maybe next month everything will be ok,,,,we will seeeee.jt

No Reasonable Explanation

I called the other number, and the CSR told me that she couldnt tell me a reasonable explanation why my old 311 still has those channels active, and my account only have one active ird which is my new 622. So I am guessing that the lucky guy who boughts this ird from me will get for free the local distant network no matter where he lives since AAD has no idea why this ird is still active, I made this swap last friday.

Anyone who had this same problem please post

I called the other number, and the CSR told me that she couldnt tell me a reasonable explanation why my old 311 still has those channels active, and my account only have one active ird which is my new 622. So I am guessing that the lucky guy who boughts this ird from me will get for free the local distant network no matter where he lives since AAD has no idea why this ird is still active, I made this swap last friday.

Anyone who had this same problem please post

just unplug any box after a month ALL activations disappear. although it really doesnt matter.

the old blue cards kept channels active forever. sold a buddy of mine a box, found out 5 years later when the yellow cards came out he finally lost the free channels. up to that time he never had told me about them.

I have a recever with Dishtv and am getting my programing from dishtv for free.
I guess someone is paying a extra $5 amonth without knowing somewhere in the south.....JT

How long does it take for a new receiver to start getting the channels after you call it in and give them your smart card number. I had to replace my 211 last night and called today at 5 pm Pacific. It is 7:23 PM and still no channels on the new receiver. Anyone know how long it takes?

i have herd it takes anywhere from a few mins to a few hours. i would say if it is not on as of yet i would probably not expect them now until morning. Between 6 and 7 am CST.

I called All American Direct last night and got the Atlanta and San Francisco Distant Nets added to my account. The CSR was very friendly and I was up and running in no time. She told me if I left my receiver on, it would probably take about 10-12 hours for the channels to show up, but if I turned my receiver off it would only take 5-10 minutes. I turned the receiver off for 10 minutes and when I started back up the channels were there! Dealing with All American Direct was easy, and the picture quality is as good as what I have on most other stations.

i am glad you finially got your aad channels added. i know for me atleast the PQ on the AAD channels atleast has improved so much over the past month.

Has anyone had this same sitiuation before, your comments will be appreciated.

For almost 2 months I had one 311 ird activated with AAD, last friday I upgrade my ird to a 622 DVR HD receiver, the swap process with E went fine, and with AAD my channels came like in 20 mins and I clearly specified to the CSR from AAD that this ird will be replacing my 311. he told that my 311 will loose these channels within 24 hrs, its been 48 hrs and the 311 sill has these channels active, I called them and told them that my 311 is still active and the CSR told me that in their system it only show one ird active (622), and to wait for the 311 to be deactivated.

So until now I have 2 irds with distants and I dont want to sell this ird until these AAD channels are deactivated and I dont get it why is it taking so long. So if anyone had this same problem please post if you were able to fix it.

Thanks
I was wondering if the channels ever became inactive. If so how long did it take i just disconnected one of my boxes from AAD and was just curious how long it took for the channels to no longer appear. Dont want to send this box back to dish with these channels active.

Two weeks unplugged

Ok I unplugged my ird for 2 weeks to see if these channels dissapear, and NOP and I plugged it back in and theyre still active, Men I dont know why this is happening I been calling and all they told me is that my account only have one active IRD.

Does anyone know about this or had the same situation before, ?

Thanks

Heck if that is the case call and get them activated. then call and cancel no 10.99 a month and you still have channels.
I have a 311 that is suppose to be going back to dish since it is a leased one and since i no longer need it they want it back this should be interesting.

Ok I unplugged my ird for 2 weeks to see if these channels dissapear, and NOP and I plugged it back in and theyre still active, Men I dont know why this is happening I been calling and all they told me is that my account only have one active IRD.

Does anyone know about this or had the same situation before, ?

Thanks

Why does it matter whether they are on are not? Dish doesn't care as they are a different company and if you aren't getting charged for them then even better. Just be glad you have them.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)