All channels are fine but CBS flickers

Photai

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I live in zip 33180 and I am only about 4 miles from the tower. I have an RS VU-75 mounted on my roof. Its wired w/ rg-6 to a dipex then 50' of rg-6 to the other end of dipex and to the tv. All of my channels that I should get come in fine, 85-98% and stay fine. CBS for some reason will lock on in the low 90s but for some reason will flicker, sometimes every 30 seconds other times every 5 or 6 min. This does not happen with any other channel. Ive tried tweaking the antenna by moving it a bit but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions. Would any sort of amp help?

With your signal strength, don't add a pre-amp, it will give you more problems than you already have. A flicker ever 5 or 6 minutes is not unusual for a DTV broadcast. The general application of DTV technology is still in its infancy. There are numerous transmission and reception problems to be worked out.

Call that CBS affiliate and ask if they have been have broadcast problems with their digital signal. Tell them what you see, when you see it, and how often. It is not uncommon for the station to not be aware of what their OTA subcribers are seeing of their signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts