All Digital Service

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Hello All-

I was in the Metro Detroit area this weekend and discovered that if you have a digital box all of the channels are digital. The picture was beautiful! When are they going to introduce this to the Grand Rapids area of MI? Any inside information would be appricated!

Thanks,
BSilvertab

All digital cable systems are a rare thing but they are coming!
You need to call your local cable-co and ask them, for now some cable systems have a lot of the analog stations repeated on the digital tier.

I don't know if you would consider Comcast in Detroit to be all digital or not. If you have a cable box all of the regular analog channels clearly are digital. The thing that is nice is that the analog is also still running for tvs without cable boxes. Awsome.

I'm pretty sure that they are converted to digital at the head end so people without cable boxes still get them in digital.
Fact:
The channels are modulated at the head end but you need to de-modulate them on your end, unless you have a QAM de-modulator in your home you need a box or a cable card!!

Here in Metro-Detroit it is not all digital as the person who started this thread stated, while a few channels are both in the analog and digital spectrum, not all of them are, like the Sci-Fi channel is only in the analog spectrum, while the Disney channel is in both spectrum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)