All HD on 61.5 ??????

Iceman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Georgia
I had the installers come out today to upgrade me to the vip211 receiver. Keep in mind I currently have a Dish 500 and a single dish aimed at 61.5. They said I would need a Dish 1000 so I could get all 3 satellites (110,119,129). Some idiot decided to put all of the new HD at 129, an elevation so damn low, no one down here (and many parts of the US) will be able to pick it up do to something poplulating the area down here called trees.:mad:

Since, I didn't have a clear shot, it was a no go on the upgrade.:mad:

I decided to send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com to congratulate them on fine decision making on where to put the new HD programming.

Some guy actually emailed me back saying that ALL of the HD programming was on 61.5, so all I needed was the receiver anyway.:mad: My understanding is that after the first of May, no more HD will come off the 61.5 and that bird will enventually be all foreign programming.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Iceman said:
I had the installers come out today to upgrade me to the vip211 receiver. Keep in mind I currently have a Dish 500 and a single dish aimed at 61.5. They said I would need a Dish 1000 so I could get all 3 satellites (110,119,129). Some idiot decided to put all of the new HD at 129, an elevation so damn low, no one down here (and many parts of the US) will be able to pick it up do to something poplulating the area down here called trees.:mad:

Since, I didn't have a clear shot, it was a no go on the upgrade.:mad:

I decided to send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com to congratulate them on fine decision making on where to put the new HD programming.

Some guy actually emailed me back saying that ALL of the HD programming was on 61.5, so all I needed was the receiver anyway.:mad: My understanding is that after the first of May, no more HD will come off the 61.5 and that bird will enventually be all foreign programming.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

yea who ever told you that you cant use 61.5 for hd was WRONG. 61.5 has the same hd on it as 129 other than LIL HD

garys said:
Installer must be thinking of the HD locals. Thread starter didn't say from where, but is listed in Georgia. If Atlanta, their locals are already turned on and only on 129.

Yes, I live in Atlanta.

My understanding is that the Atlanta locals and future HD will be at the 129 position.

I have played Dish CSR roulette and lost the past five times. How did this company get best customer service by JD Powers so many times? Somebody must be getting paid!

garys said:
Installer must be thinking of the HD locals. Thread starter didn't say from where, but is listed in Georgia. If Atlanta, their locals are already turned on and only on 129.

the Last I heard they were also mirriord on 61.5 as that is the only city that has both mirrors due to the fact of the low horizion on 129

I don't recall anything changing about atlanta locals, they're still only at 129

BFG said:
I don't recall anything changing about atlanta locals, they're still only at 129

Atlanta Locals are currently all on 119/110 except for 2 channels. 61.5 does have those 2 channels. Atlanta hasn't yet been named a Dish 1000 market. We only install D1000 for HD customers.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll do what I can to help you with Dish 1000. I have installed some with 2 dishes. 129 over here is very low, but can be hit and with a good signal strength. My office is in Northern Georgia.

JohnTenn -
What signal level are you able to get on 129 in the Atlanta area? I'm moving to the 622 shortly and am worried about rain fade on 129 from some of the stories I've heard. Thanks!

Why not just take the 61.5 dish and try to hit 129 with it, maybe it will be able to pull in a slightly better signal from 129 than the Dish 1000. Good luck.

lakebum431 said:
JohnTenn -
What signal level are you able to get on 129 in the Atlanta area? I'm moving to the 622 shortly and am worried about rain fade on 129 from some of the stories I've heard. Thanks!

I live in the Eastern part of Georgia and my signal strength is 90 for the 129 satellite. I am using a D500 with an I adapter and the dish looks like it's pointed at my neighbors window because of the low elevation. Atlanta folks could probably get a little more signal than I if they have a clear line of sight. Dish should use 61.5 for the eastern states and 129/110 for the rest of the country. Why they didn't is anyones guess.

You people need to add you city to your user ID, so other epople can understand your problem. Then we may be able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts