All I Want Is A Straight Answer!

minustwentyseven

Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
On 2/1/2006 I phoned DishNetwork Customer Service and ordered an upgrade to the new HD service and a HD dual-tuner DVR. The CSR told me that the DVR would ship immediately and would arrive in 5 to 7 days. I told him I had a dish pointed at 110/119 and one at 148 and asked if I'd need a new dish. He said I would not, so I told him I'd install the DVR myself and cancelled the 3/14 install he had given me. Later that day I learned from this site that I would in fact need either 61.5 or 129 so I called to re-schedule my install. My install date had already slipped out to 3/28. No big deal, I thought, since my 622 would arrive well before 3/28.

By 2/23 my DVR had still not arrived so I phoned Customer Service again.
This time the CSR told me that the DVR had indeed shipped and that I should have received it by now. She told me to call back if I had not received it by 2/27.

Yesterday (2/28) I phoned again and the CSR told me that the DVR had not shipped and indeed would not ship. She said it would be brought to my home by the installer on 3/28. I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me the DVR had not yet shipped but that it would ship sometime before 3/28.

Four different DishNetwork representatives and four different stories.
The first two CSR's were obviously wrong as I have not received the DVR I paid $299 for on 2/1. The two CSR's I spoke with yesterday told two different stories too. At this point I have no idea when I'll get my 622...

Last edited:
The 148 Dish won't work. They can repoint it to 129 for you or they can upgrade you to a Dish 1000 and remove the 148 Dish.

Some people are getting their 622 in the mail, others are having the installer bring it with them at the time of the install.

Dish Networks computer system is REALLY screwed up and needs an overhaul.

Another person paying $299 and getting nothing, and when I cancelled dish I was
chastised by liars telling me you get what you pay for with DISH. DISH dishes
up baloney that's what they DISH up..

I know it's not the CSR's fault; they can only work with the information they're given by Dish. Still, I found one particular phrase really started to irritate me after hearing it repeatedly from every CSR I spoke with: "I apologize for the inconvenience, sir." Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

DaveyBoy26 said:
ALWAYS go through tech support!!:up

David

Actually, going through Tech Support doesn't always work either. I ordered on 2/6 through tech support and was given an install date of 2/28. Long story short, even with follow up phone calls to make sure everything was a go, I never received the 622. Finally, I went through ceo@echostar.com, and just today received my 622 with an install date of this coming Tuesday. I was told 3 times the 622 would arrive with the installer and finally on the 27th was told I should have had it in the mail. Anyway, looks like it's taken care of now.

My local dealer is very good, even better after reading some of the stories here. I walked into his location two weeks ago and asked if any 622's around. He checked out my status and printed proper paperwork, left with unit under my arm. That afternoon, had 622 up and running. I feel so lucky, wish more areas had dealers like him.

sk8man - Did emailing ceo@echostar.com get you anywhere? I'm frustrated by the complete lack of response from anyone at dish. Hands-down the worst customer experience of my life. The only reason I haven't told them to bag the whole thing and send the 622 back is that with their stupid computer system, I'm 99% certain they'd screw that up too, causing me even more problems.

suresk said:
sk8man - Did emailing ceo@echostar.com get you anywhere? I'm frustrated by the complete lack of response from anyone at dish. Hands-down the worst customer experience of my life. The only reason I haven't told them to bag the whole thing and send the 622 back is that with their stupid computer system, I'm 99% certain they'd screw that up too, causing me even more problems.

Yes it did. On 2/27 I wrote this in another thread:

"My story in a nutshell. Ordered 622 and HD upgrade on 2/6. I was given an install date of 2/28. Called last Friday to confirm and was told install was still set and the installer would bring 622 with him. Called this morning to double check and was told that I should have received it by now. Installer would NOT bring it. Sorry sir, we don't have any right now so your new install date is 3/31. Hopefully we can send you one by then. Meanwhile of course, they have had my $299 since 2/6. I calmly explained to the fine CSR that that was unacceptable and cancelled the 622 and the install. They will credit me back my $299. I need to rethink this whole mess."

Then, on 2/28 I wrote this:

"Just to let you know, I just received an email from Matt and he is on the case. I now have faith things will be resolved and I'll have that 622 soon. Nice to know there is someone you can contact when everyone seems clueless."

Then on 3/1 I received an email from Matt at ceo@echostar.com giving me my options. He told me he would make sure one got shipped, and then asked what date would be good for an install as he would see to it that things got done before 3/31. True to his word, I later received an email with a tracking number for the 622 and then he scheduled an install for this coming Tuesday, 3/7. Yesterday when I got home from work, there was a 622 by my front door. Now I'll have to wait until Tuesday morning to have things installed as I onlyl have a Dish 500 at the present time. I believe if it wouldn't have been for Matt getting involved, I would be awaiting a D* install. I was that ticked off. Writing to the ceo address is what did it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts