Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here comes the Eastern Arc push from Dish. ;)

Starting December 17th new customers residing in Eastern Arc DMAs (both SD and HD customers) who do NOT subscribe to DishMÉXICO, DishLATINO or International programming must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment solution. Customers residing in Eastern Arc DMAs who subscribe to DishMÉXICO, DishLATINO or International programming must be installed with a Western Arc equipment solution.

Exception 1:​
New customers residing in Eastern Arc DMAs who subscribe to International programming AND subscribe to HD local network programming received from the 77° orbital location must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment
solution (plus a DISH 500+ wing antenna pointed to the 118.7° orbital location).

Exception 2:​
New customers residing in Eastern Arc DMAs who subscribe to International programming AND subscribe to HD local network programming received from the 61.5° orbital location must be installed with a DISH 500+ antenna pointed
to the 110°, 119°, and 118.7° orbital locations, plus a wing antenna pointed to the 61.5° orbital location.

Please note​
that new DISH Network customers who reside outside of the Eastern Arc DMAs or subscribe to any DishMÉXICO or DishLATINO programming should still be installed with a Western Arc equipment solution.

Shouldn't there be another exception for those that can't see EA because of mountains, trees, and buildings etc. I thought that was one of the main reasons for EA, to provide access for those that can't see WA. Shouldn't the reverse be true.

They better figure out what eastern arc is in St Louis. A tech came Saturday for a new install across the street and I was talking to him (he's been at my house unsuccessfully trying to fix my system) He said he was installing a "new" eastern arc system. I said oh 61, 72 and 77. I said is 77 up yet and you would have thought I had 3 eyes. he said Dish doesn't have satellites at 72 and 77. He installed 2 dishes on the house one pointing at 110, 119 and one for 61.5. He said that's all they need. I ask if they were getting HD and locals he said yes from 61.5. He said that's what eastern arc was, 61.5. that my system 1000+ 118, 110, 119 and 129 was obsolete. I told he might want to go back and read up with his supervisor what eastern arc was and what satellites it was getting. He was a Dish installer not a sub-contractor.

I don't see why they wouldn't just duplicate the dish latino & DISH Mexico programming on eastern arc . Especially since have more room now on the 77 sat. Then there wouldn't be any exceptions and you would simply install a dishplus for 118 sat if you wanted internationals for either eastern arc or western arc subs. Seems more complicated to make all these exceptions and dish combinations.

They better figure out what eastern arc is in St Louis. A tech came Saturday for a new install across the street and I was talking to him (he's been at my house unsuccessfully trying to fix my system) He said he was installing a "new" eastern arc system. I said oh 61, 72 and 77. I said is 77 up yet and you would have thought I had 3 eyes. he said Dish doesn't have satellites at 72 and 77. He installed 2 dishes on the house one pointing at 110, 119 and one for 61.5. He said that's all they need. I ask if they were getting HD and locals he said yes from 61.5. He said that's what eastern arc was, 61.5. that my system 1000+ 118, 110, 119 and 129 was obsolete. I told he might want to go back and read up with his supervisor what eastern arc was and what satellites it was getting. He was a Dish installer not a sub-contractor.

This is why I don't understand why anyone but little old ladies hire installers.

This is why I don't understand why anyone but little old ladies hire installers.

Cause it was "free". And I'm lazy. And I don't even own a ladder... or a staple gun that'll the staples with the plastic gaurd that'll go over the coax without damaging it. And.. did I mention I'm lazy?

If new sd customers also require a ea solution. WHAT mpeg4 receiver will they use for these folks???

If new sd customers also require a ea solution. WHAT mpeg4 receiver will they use for these folks???
I wouldn't think SD customers would need anything other then a Dish 500 pointed at the 110 and 119 Satellites. East and Western arc customers. I highly doubt this really applies to SD customers as there would have to be a Mpeg 4 SD receiver. Unless its announced tonight in the Charlie Chat.

You can upgrade to a 1000.4 if you want to pay for it. Cost me $110.

Was that installed or just for the dish and you hooked it up?

You can bet new SD customers get a ViP211 or ViP612 for a one tuner DVR or ViP622 or 722 if they want a 2 TV set up. The message from Scott specifically states ALL HD & SD customers will get this set up with the exception of those wanting programming from the 118.7 satellite for internationals, etc.

Remember, even TV1 on dual tuner HD-DVR's support SDTV's. You just hook them up a little differently and EA set ups must be MPEG4. The real question is..

If you get two of these tuners and you are just an SD customer, will you get charged $5 extra or $7 for the extra receiver? I guess they just block the HD programming if you don't want and pay for it but I am just wondering about the receiver lease fees for new SD customers.

That was just for the Dish and I hooked it up.

You can bet new SD customers get a ViP211 or ViP612 for a one tuner DVR or ViP622 or 722 if they want a 2 TV set up. The message from .

No way is E* going to give New SD customers HD equipment without the paying the same fees as HD customers. I can't even see Charlie giving HD equipment to all new customers that only want SD. Seems like a waste of money. Something Charlie isn't known for.

The 77 degree satellite is now there and is in operation.

Which means that if every thing is in mpeg 4 that they should have room to duplicate the dish latino and dish mexico channels. This would eliminate the complicated instructions for dish installs. All you would need is either a 1000.2 sat dish/1000.4 sat dish + dish plus for 118 for internationals. I don't see the need for all those complicated dish installs. SIMPLIFY .

You can bet new SD customers get a ViP211 or ViP612 for a one tuner DVR or ViP622 or 722 if they want a 2 TV set up. The message from Scott specifically states ALL HD & SD customers will get this set up with the exception of those wanting programming from the 118.7 satellite for internationals, etc.

Remember, even TV1 on dual tuner HD-DVR's support SDTV's. You just hook them up a little differently and EA set ups must be MPEG4. The real question is..

If you get two of these tuners and you are just an SD customer, will you get charged $5 extra or $7 for the extra receiver? I guess they just block the HD programming if you don't want and pay for it but I am just wondering about the receiver lease fees for new SD customers.

Directv is doing that very thing in our dma now(all mpeg4). This is going to be interesting to see how dish handles this. They will either create a few loop holes for equipment configurations or slam the door shut with additional fees. Direct has created loop holes for equipment configurations that greatly benefit customers in our dma. Depending how they handle this it is possible for direct to see a surge on new customers.

My question is... If you are getting SD on eastern arc, do you have the HD equipment fee that you get if you have VIP without HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)