All national HD channels lost!?!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
when my H20 auto tunned to the worldcup match at 11am, All the national HD channels were gone. Screen said serching for siginal and to reset reciever. When I did this it removed the challes from the guide. D* CSR had me check channels 490-494 and said the LNB for national HD went bad. Cant get Protection Plan out till THURSDAY!!!!! Not very happy.

Glad I kept the LNBs off the other AT-9 when I moved. Will try those soon.

Got out the other LNB pack and replaced the faulty one. All is back on. Will have D* give me a new "back-up LNB pack on thursday. Sorry but 4 days to do a 5 min service call on a top tier sub is not acceptable!!

But leave it to the customer to fix it themselves.

Just wondering how did you know which LNB it was or did you just replace them all? and you are correct 4 days is just NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He knew which one it was based on the association between which channels (the 490-494 ones) reported as having a nonexistent voltage, i.e. if the failure showed on channels 490 and/or 491, then he knows it is the 101 LNB that is bad, if it was the 492 and/or 493, then that would mean the 119 LNB went bad, and finally if it was channel 494 that reported a bad LNB, than that would be the 110 (it states which LNB is which on those test channels, go ahead and tune to them to see what I mean), from there, if he knows which LNB is in which slot, all that's left then is to just replace it, hope that cleared things up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)