all receivers acting up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
I have 2 622 and one 612 receivers. Four times this weekend I will be watching a previous recorded show and all of a sudden it just crashes screen goes blank and the a warning sign comes on saying acquiring signal it should take 5 minutes. Background info had a dusting of snow on Saturday. Cloudy all day Saturday and Sunday. Today very sunny. Tempertures have been 25* Sat. 20* Sun and 4* today. There is no snow on dish. Have done a check switch test and everything checks out ok. After acquiring signal is completed everything is back to normal. This has happened on all my receivers at least two times each. Also notice that on 2 separate occasions two receivers were not on and they did updates at unscheduled times. What do you think?

Dish could have sent the "force him to upgrade to Hopper" signal.

That, or the weather between you and the satellites could be breaking up the signal.

Or the LNB could have an intermittent problem.

Check the system info page (menu-6-1-3) let it complete the checks.
If it says you have "LNB drift", could be that your lnb is going out.
It would seem that since it is all receivers acting up it would be a dish or switch (if installed) problem.

yes did system check in post 3 everything checks out good. also haven't had any problems since Monday morning. I guess it was that hopper signal in post two. Thanks for all the inputs

Wild a** guess.... The conductors in the cables "shrank" in the cold and were making intermittent contact. Temps warm up, cable expands back to normal and all is okay. I have this issue all the time with some camera equipment I use. Last night the internal conductor of a 100' video cable shrank a good 1/4" within the jacket. Shoving the connector farther down the cable end did the trick.

Tony

Wild a** guess.... The conductors in the cables "shrank" in the cold and were making intermittent contact. Temps warm up, cable expands back to normal and all is okay. I have this issue all the time with some camera equipment I use. Last night the internal conductor of a 100' video cable shrank a good 1/4" within the jacket. Shoving the connector farther down the cable end did the trick.

Tony

That's actually a good guess, as the wind has been steady around here and dropped the windchills into the minus teens, and we had that happen with the security camera's on the north side of our business

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)