all satellites in space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
okay i have a wild one. i work in a big chemical plant and there are satellites everywhere. i notice businesses with satellites on them. my question is are all the satellites an tps up in space available or up there to find if you have a big dish? have any of you ever ran across a tp that was used for a business before? just curious because they are up there maybe you can get them on your home dish.

most transponders that businesses use are scrambled 9usually with some weird type of scrambling)

Wrong site for it but.Some of them could be used for internet to,couldn't they?I know ive been trying to build a BiQuad now all i need is an amplifier.

There are quite a few signals that can be found with a T.V sat receiver and a big dish. Quite often in a scan the receiver will find non DVB signals but they wont load of course. As Iceberg mentioned they are most likley encrypted. These signals are probably data and internet.

Don't remember which sat it's on, but Safeway has 2 TP's somewhere, and the Superbowl was shown on one of them, as they were uplinking the CBS station from San Francisco on that night. Usually they have training course's and such on these 2 channels.

Al

Edit: just remembered, they are on AMC1 ku....

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)