All strength no quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know this sounds stupid but I've done this before when switching receivers to test. My one receiver has the LNB IN connection on top and my other receiver has the LNB IN connection on the bottom and I just quickly swapped the cable. Took me an hour to find out why my motor wasn't moving the dish! :D Do you have the cable from the dish in the LNB in connection?

Not stupid at all, it's certainly within the realm of possibility. I have a in and a loop on the receiver, and for a while I sat here wondering if I shouldn't have it plugged into loop. That is until I looked it up. I just double checked it and it is screwed onto a port labelled "IF INPUT".

Proper settings of elevation are the most common mistake. Radar pinpointed it right on. Do not call professional installers - you are going to do it. Cheers, polgyver

What a great community. Honestly. The enjoyment of this as a hobby by the people here is what's kept me going. I appreciate it.

Yes, it should be along the edge of the metal piece that shows through the cut-out window for the elevation scale. I use the leading edge of the metal where the mark is. Since the scale markings aren't very detailed, you can't exactly pinpoint tenths of degrees. You just have to get close and then fine tune it later once you detect a signal.

Between this and getting a good cable for your whole length, you should find much better results.

RADAR

Awesome. I'll see if I can't take a break from work today and see if I can't try and get it lined up again. I think at this point, it's just a matter of having the time to be as meticulous as I've been with it.

More info soon!

Clckwrk,

How's the BIRD hunting going? Have you had a chance to retry dialing in a sat? Just curious if you made it back out to the dish to work on it since your last post.

RADAR

I did mess with it, at the time of the last post, but still haven't been able to get anything going. Since that post I've been busy with work, and just haven't felt like banging my head against it since then.

I'm sure that I'll post a big post once I do get something, it's just a matter now of the will.

Another thing you might think about is trying to use a receiver that is a bit more "user friendly" for the alignment process. There is a lot going on with the AZbox receivers and they are not known as being beginner friendly. A simple Traxis or one of the Coolsats or Viewsats are very easy to use for this purpose. When I am doing a fresh install, I carry my trusty Viewsat along with a 4 inch LCD display, they are very user friendly as well as being ladder friendly.

After a long break I went out to try and align it again and finally! I can't thank you all enough for your help. I brought the wife out to help align and we were finally able to lock onto AMC-9. We haven't gotten the quality very high, but it was enough to get a few channels and some wild feeds. Now to work on refining and locking on to other satellites.

Thanks again!

After a long break I went out to try and align it again and finally! I can't thank you all enough for your help. I brought the wife out to help align and we were finally able to lock onto AMC-9. We haven't gotten the quality very high, but it was enough to get a few channels and some wild feeds. Now to work on refining and locking on to other satellites.

Thanks again!

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.