All things X-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

havana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Cedar Ridge CA.
I bought an X-10 camera on ebay a couple of years ago and that’s when the addiction began...now I’ve got almost every X-10 gadget available...it’s like a sickness I tell ya!

It is a sickness... I bought X-10 lights for my home theater and a few days later they were all over the house. My next step is to get some cameras

Ok.. This is an old thread.. :) But just curious, in case someone still reads this.. What is your experience with the X-10 camera's? I have most of my lights in the house automated with X-10 and Smarthome stuff, and it's working great. But I'm weary of the 2.4 GHz cameras from X-10. How do they do with interference from cordless 2.4 GHz phones? And how about 802.11g networks?

Thanks!
Robbert

Robbert said:
Ok.. This is an old thread.. :) But just curious, in case someone still reads this.. What is your experience with the X-10 camera's? I have most of my lights in the house automated with X-10 and Smarthome stuff, and it's working great. But I'm weary of the 2.4 GHz cameras from X-10. How do they do with interference from cordless 2.4 GHz phones? And how about 802.11g networks?

Thanks!
Robbert
Anything 2.4 Ghz will interfeer with 802.11b/g. The phones hop frequencies so they randomly step on the wireless ethernet and the x10 stuff will just get a fuzzy picture.

I had on on my driveway for a while until it rolled over dead one day. I didn't bother replacing it. I left the camera up for the scare factor :).

Last edited:
Shawn,

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I used to have one of those 2.4GHz wireless video sender/receivers from Radio Shack, and it gave me nothing but trouble with interference. Even when someone walked in a certain area of the house it would just lose the signal. I'll stick with the X10 powerline stuff... Until they come out with camera's on a different frequency spectrum... Whatever happened to the good ole' 900 MHz??? :)

You can always get the wired X-10 cameras. I have them because of the same interference problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)