All timers & daily schedule vanished...cured!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omnibus

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Overnight all of my timers along with the daily schedule of shows to be recorded disappeared. :no

I resigned myself to re-entering about 35 timers and went into the EPG. I moved ahead one day and got the message that the system needed to download the latest program information. :eek:

I let it run and busied myself with other honey-do's but noticed that the progress meter wasn't moving. :mad:

I then unplugged my 522 for 30 seconds and when it got done doing it's thing eveything including the timer list was back to normal. :D

I found with my 510 that If something went wrong with the EPG (corrupted and dumped) and shows only no info for all times and all channels, then none of the timers will show up on the timer listing even though they are there (on teh HD). Once the guide data is refreshed timer are visible again both in the EPG and in the Timer list.

boba said:
DISH DVRs work best when rebooted at least once a week.

My 501 was rebooted maybe once in 4 years and worked flawlessly! My 921 however needed to be rebotoed about once a week, and that is one slow and painful reboot!

boba said:
DISH DVRs work best when rebooted at least once a week.

This is not true of the 50x series. I have a 508 and a 501 and its been over a year since either required a reset.

NightRyder

I had to reboot my 501 regularly. Otherwise it would just lock up after a few days. Which sucked when it was in the middle of recording.

Emma Peel said:
I had to reboot my 501 regularly. Otherwise it would just lock up after a few days. Which sucked when it was in the middle of recording.

Had to? How long ago was that?

NightRyder

no workie for me, (sigh) the systems persist. I called Dish, and opened an infamous, "uncommon trend report."

I tried reseting mine, and it didn't work. Has anyone tried moving the update time to within a couple of minutes, and then checking to see if it updated/fixed it? I think I am going to go and try that...

NightRyder said:
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.
:D COL (Chuckle Out Loud)

With Dish Network, if you don't laugh and chuckle at the chuckleheads who write and distribute their software, then you will get mad.

Incompetence and mediocrity reign, and we settle for it ... so what does that make us? Willing victims?

Richard

Dish receivers, even among the same model, seem to be as individual as people. They have similar traits but each individual unit has its set of unique quirks. Mine seems to work best if I never power down or reboot. I was having some sync issues a while back, and after I rebooted I lost my timers. When I do power down at night, the sync issues seem to get worse. But if I leave it on (although let it update at 3 a.m.) things seem better. Note I said better, not perfect.

I found out early on (I've had a 501 since they were released) that having the receiver on a good UPS helped improve stability.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts