(almost) Free to Good Home : Traxis 2800 Rack Mount Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In all fairness..... Technically, the units were out of the warranty period and the distributor had no obligation.......

This might be off-topic, but I have wondered before-can caps go bad in a brand new device? I mean like something stored and never used but maybe a few years old. I know there was a time a few years back when it seemed like everything had capacitors going bad, computers especially.

This might be off-topic, but I have wondered before-can caps go bad in a brand new device? I mean like something stored and never used but maybe a few years old. I know there was a time a few years back when it seemed like everything had capacitors going bad, computers especially.

Normally not if the device is not being used but a lot just depends on who the manufacture is as a lot of capacitor from Far East Asia had manufacturing problems like in Dell computers and others. I've got capacitors that still test good and some are over 20 years old. Capacitors that were made here in the US years ago had little if any problems and they last forever. Just look at the old C band receivers and how most are still working.

In all fairness..... Technically, the units were out of the warranty period and the distributor had no obligation.......

Yeah...and then I went and broke the warranty seal when I opened it up. I guess it is really out of warranty now. haha.
There is a lot of empty space in that box. I haven't opened any other such boxes around here because they haven't broken down or they still have a warranty.
I may change out the caps for the practice.

I've got a Sencore LC53 capacitor tester that I used to check the one that wasn't bulged and they tested good but I went ahead and replaced them just because of the age and since I already had them open. If you replace them now then you know there won't be a problem down the road.
I guess your sencore tester puts a load on the cap under test. I have a fluke meter that will measure capacitance, but does not put a load on them. Some caps with bulged tops will still read correct capacitance on the fluke. About 30 or so years ago, I had a cap tester that would test all parameters under load. I can't remember the name of it now, but I wish I still had it. Back then, I ran a TV repair shop and had several pieces of quality electronic test equipment. Not really any point here, I was just reading your post and it brought back some old memories. Have a good day.:)

Thought you might like to see a picture of how the three receiver are being used.

:):):)

Nice rack :D ...

All of the Traxis returns are now disposed of..... That project has been upgrade to the GEOSATpro DSR-R100 units and we don't expect returns on that stock..... ;)

A rackmount version of the upcoming microHD with dual units would REALLY be interesting! :eureka:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)