Already have KU, would like C band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Hi all. I currently have a setup with a 76cm dish and am able to receive analog and digital ku. I do not know what kind of LNB i have and don't feel like going up on the roof to check.

I was wondering what all I need to purchase to be able to receive analog c-band signals. I am mainly looking at receiving IA6 and IA5.

I live in zip code 61604. What all do I need to purchase? (mounting, dish, lnb, motor, etc)

I don't want to buy anything I don't need.

I already have a ku/c band analog receiver.

Thanks

Brian

You would need at least a 6 foot dish (8 foot preferable) with C-band LNB and feedhorn. To move the dish, you would need an actuator and polar mount.

You could use the Fortec 6 foot stationary dish if you don't mind moving by hand. Several members here (including myself) have one and it works well for analog. Sadoun has them for $175 plus shipping and you would need a new LNB but they are cheap.

Are you a do-it-yourself sort and not shy about knocking on stranger's doors?

Just beyond the suburbs the countryside is dotted with derelict C-band dishes. They can often be had for the asking or a very modest price.

There are quite a few good threads about dish salvaging in the C-band forum.

I use the 6 foot dish and I love it. Most of what I do is gheteo move it between AMC3 (87W) and AnikF1 (107W) and it works great :)

Alright thanks everyone. So I'll look around and see if anyone around my location is trying to get one. Otherwise, I'll probably do the 6' Fortec.

Exaclty what LNB do I need to pick up? Will I be able to receive KU on it as well? I will still have my KU dish setup but it would be nice to pick up KU on the new C band dish as well.

they do make a LNB that does both C & KU but I prefer 2 separate dishes. The KU is motorized and the C-Band is not

I picked up an offset c band 6 foot fiberglass dish for free a couple of months ago, and am using an old toshiba analog receiver that someone gave me just for my mover. I bought a new lnb and polorizer and run the whole system through my pansat 3500. You will need to make sure your receiver is able to sending a signal to switch polarity to receive c-band mpeg. Like ice I use a different dish for ku.

Are you a do-it-yourself sort and not shy about knocking on stranger's doors?

Just beyond the suburbs the countryside is dotted with derelict C-band dishes. They can often be had for the asking or a very modest price.

There are quite a few good threads about dish salvaging in the C-band forum.

I have never paid for any of my C band antennas...even the 10 and 12 footers! Every time I knocked on the door they told me, "Gee...I was wondering how I was going to get rid of that old thing!" Good luck. :)

For antennas you could try the craigslist website. I posted a wanted request for the big dishes and have received several offers, (but they were too far away).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts