Alternate to Superdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boogieman

Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Instead of having to put up a superdish to hit satellite 105 is there anyway I can do it. I have seen a few single lnb dish's on sites that say you can use them but what would I need and what would be the cheapest. I have called dish to inquire of a superdish but they said it would be sometime next year before they could get to me to upgrade and they have now cut off my distant locals because I now have my locals on 105. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And Sorry this posted in this forum I thought it was in the correct.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

If you have locals being offered on 105 Dish will set you up with a SuperDish for free.

Jason

boogieman said:
they have now cut off my distant locals because I now have my locals on 105. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If your address qualifys for distants, the availability of your locals on Dish makes no difference. They are two seperate issues. I have both my locals as well as the distants my home address qualifies me for.

- Paul

md_paul said:
If your address qualifys for distants, the availability of your locals on Dish makes no difference. They are two seperate issues. I have both my locals as well as the distants my home address qualifies me for.

- Paul
That's not always true - it depends on how the DN qualification was done. If it was via waivers "good until LiL" was available, there ya are.

I AM surprised that they cut you off BEFORE they can upgrade you - that's just wrong, and likely the basic idiot CSR. I suggest you email ceo@dishnetwork.com and explain what happened. Include your phone numbers! There's an excellent chance they will call you and turn your distants back on until a SD can be installed - and they can probably get you moved to the top of the heap for that, too. ;)

SimpleSimon said:
That's not always true - it depends on how the DN qualification was done. If it was via waivers "good until LiL" was available, there ya are.

Ahh.. hadn't thought of waivers... My address qualifies for ABC and CBS DN's. Every waiver request I sent in the past for NBC was denied, so I never had access to a 'waivered DN'. If the waiver states "good until Lil", then the deactivation of the distants make sense. However, I agree that as long as he attempted to purchase LiL within a reasonable time from when they were made available to him, but couldn't receive them due to an equipment shortage from DISH, they shouldn't have turned off his Distants until they were capable of providing him the equipment to receive his locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts