Alternating between basic and premium DIRECTV packages

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm sure you are correct. I haven't read the fine details of the TOS but really don't feel I'm "cheating" since we only have a single receiver and can use it only at one place at a time. In fact a couple years ago our receiver stopped working while at the cabin and DTV actually sent a technician up from the Phoenix area, approx. 150 miles, to replace it. On another occasion DTV sent a new receiver to our cabin address plus mailed the return equipment box to there also. When I called support I didn't hide the fact we were at another location than our service address.
The other comment on change of address.... we migrate back and forth every couple weeks... not sure how practical it would be to notify DTV each time we moved the receiver.
Any case just my personal experience and may not be an appropriate solution to the original question.
It doesn't appear there's been any further comments from the original posting so maybe he/she's question was resolved.
There is no way they sent any tech 150miles. I handle stuff like this all the time, the job got moved to the proper office or area. You just didn't happen to know that happened. Offices have very large territories. Perhaps the office is in phoenix, but your tech was most certainly not. And if you move to a different dma there is no way a tech can close a work order outside their own dma. Just an FYI to all with cabins. Do not expect to catch the techs precall and give him the correct service address. This will cause many issues in our system and could cost the tech his job under the right circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
Personally, I dislike multiple locations. RVs are completely different if it's a mobile account, but multiple locations cause issues because people don't always comprehend what they're supposed to do.

As far as practicality, if you're in the Phoenix market for your service address, and you go to a cabin in the Tuscon market, then ultimately, you're receiving locals from a different DMA, which is a violation of your service agreement as well as FCC regulations.

It may not be practical, but is required if you're moving back and forth from one location even in the same DMA, let alone moving DMAs.

But if you don't want to call in to change address, the option is always there to open a second account to make life a tad easier.

Didn't intend to stir up a hornet's nest. Just thought it might be an option for the original poster.
As far as the tech didn't drive from the Phoenix area...... I had no reason to dispute him when he said he drove up to our area from Phoenix. Our ensuing conversation was about Phoenix. Not about any of the nearest communities that are over 50 miles in any direction. My point was DTV delivered a receiver to my cabin knowing my service address was at a different location. This would apply if it were delivered from 1 mile away. Sounds like it may be "technically" incorrect to move the receiver between locations. In the meantime on my way into to town this morning I will be sure not to exceed 55.000 mph

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts