Alternative to 129w ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You have to inject into the sap stream to kill the tree. someone suggested girdling which will quickly kill it. But then you will have a Hazard Tree...a big, dead Oak. As you are concerned about wind that is simply not .......a good idea...just cut it down...someone might do it for you for the firewood.

Game. On. Baby.......

It will be MONTHS before I get the trees cut down so in the mean time, I'm defoliating them NOW.
No leaves, no problem... I drilled a hole at a 45 degree angle into the trunk, into the heart of the tree and have been injecting nasty things into it.
Yellow leaves are all over the ground now. It looks like fall back there..

It's going to be cut down later but until then, I'm killing it with extreme prejudice.
And don't worry, I'm planting LOTS of bamboo and zillions of flowers so this is no loss.
Besides, it's a Chinese Tallow tree and in Texas we consider them to be nothing but big weeds...

Buh bye trees.......

Last edited:
Sorry, I keep forgetting that some/many people aren't as knowledgeable as they should be. ;)

You have to inject into the sap stream to kill the tree. someone suggested girdling which will quickly kill it. But then you will have a Hazard Tree...a big, dead Oak. As you are concerned about wind that is simply not .......a good idea...just cut it down...someone might do it for you for the firewood.
A dead oak will last a couple months till she gets it cut down, unless a Tornado or hurricane passes through. Watch out for BAMBOO it can be worse than your current problem.

A Chinese Tallow? Chinese Tallow: Invading the Southeastern Coastal Plain:

http://www.nwrc.usgs.gov/factshts/154-00.pdf

How to kill it:

Chinese tallow | Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants

I've drilled into the center of the core/heart of the tree and wallered it out so there is a cavern in there now. I inject nasty things into it every day and it is clearly dying. I am having someone cut it down but it will be a few months until they can get to it..

As for the bamboo, no worries. I have the best teachers in the world, the Monk at the local Buddhist Temple is helping advising me. I have two variaties that do not spread, they clump and they are not the tall type, they are like hedges and only grow about 10' tall..

Anyway, as the leaves fall off, reception is slowly improving. I have no concerns about the tree falling on anyone, it's over my yard and it will be taken down before it gets to that condition.. The mission is to get the leaves off for now.

Bleach and ammonia? Oh yeah, that will kill you quick. I learned that a very long time ago the hard way, I thought I was clever and that I had found a new way to strip wax and make the floor white at the same time. What I found was a trip to the ER... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)