Alternative Wiring to Terk D* MultiSwitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I had a spare RG6 run to the power on the roof of my Terk MultiSwitch.

I added Canadian so I needed that RG6 run.

I "assumed" I could use 2 diplexers and run the power up on the main Directv run, split it off at the switch and run it to the power input on the switch. Obviously, that does not work.

Is there a way to piggyback the power for the multiswitch on one of the runs?

HDTVFanAtic said:
I had a spare RG6 run to the power on the roof of my Terk MultiSwitch.

I added Canadian so I needed that RG6 run.

I "assumed" I could use 2 diplexers and run the power up on the main Directv run, split it off at the switch and run it to the power input on the switch. Obviously, that does not work.

Is there a way to piggyback the power for the multiswitch on one of the runs?

When you combine say cable & satellite or off-air & satellite you are combining a powered and no-powered signal (remember diplexers have a power side and an no-powered side). But it you try to combine the power for the multiswitch and the satellite signal which also carries power the two will interfer with each other. I know of no way to combine two powered signals on the same line.

uboatcmdr said:
When you combine say cable & satellite or off-air & satellite you are combining a powered and no-powered signal (remember diplexers have a power side and an no-powered side). But it you try to combine the power for the multiswitch and the satellite signal which also carries power the two will interfer with each other. I know of no way to combine two powered signals on the same line.

Actually, the Satellite side to the Terk Multiswitch doesnt have to pass power - thats what presents this problem as it has a seperate power input. In theory (albeit bad) I figured I could send the power from the AC Adapter up and through the lnb/power side, then connect the Multiswitch to STB input on the nonpowered TV side - but apparently that side wont pass the higher frequencies the satellite needs.

Thus I am back to square one and thus trying to find an answer.

You can see the seperate power input on the side of the unit - while the 8 STB connections are on the bottom.

Does anyone know of a Directv Multiswitch that doesnt need a seperate power feed - such as the Dish 6x8?

Get the 6x8 (the one with the flexports) but, that does not include a port for an OTA antenna

fkostyn said:
Get the 6x8 (the one with the flexports) but, that does not include a port for an OTA antenna

Are you talking about a the 6x8 such as the Zinwell?

Also, I have a SAT C combiner that goes on the SAT B 18V input.

Would I be able to use the 6x8 with SAT A/SATB&C/New LIL Bird?

That would be the one I am talking about, I do not know on the new satellite dish's since no one is 100% sure of what they look like yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts