Always "Finding Satellite"!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cla517

Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
We just had Dish installed a few weeks ago. We seem to have a problem in that it is constantly "finding satellite" The screen is black and it takes FOREVER for the channel to come in, if it shows up at all. What could be causing this?

Also, I'm always getting the message that the guide is out of date and I need to download from the satellite which also takes forever.

Is there a way to avoid/stop these problems? Thanks!!

I would just call Dish Network and talk to Tech. Support. To me it sounds like an installation issue and should be resolved by Dish Network, specially since it's a new installation. I believe you have 30 days for them to look at the problem for free. Past 30 days and you have to pay for a service call.

Labour warranty is 90 days on any installation or service call. Basicly your dish was not tuned in right or the mount is bad and this should be addressed soon. Letting the receiver download will not solve any of these issues other than the EPG being out of date and in this instance it wont help.

whats your signal strenght which on most rec. can be foundby going menu- #6 #1 #1 highlight 119 sat change to transponder 11 and you should be above 70 then do the same for the 110. from the situation your having im sure you are in the 54-69 range for the 119 and in the and prob. in the mid 50's for the 110sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)