Always signing in everytime I visit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
For the last few weeks, everytime I visit the website (doesn't matter which forum), I have to log in each time. It happens at home and at work and not with any other website like this like DBS Forums. Anything I can do to fix this problem?
Thanks!

Shot in the dark, but have you installed POWERTOYS lately or changed a setting in your browser/security to empty cookies when you close out your browser.

I had to sign in a few weeks ago after I did something like that. But have been fine since.

In IE, you can set satelliteguys to always allow cookies.

Go to TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS- PRIVACY

Click on the SITES button. fill in www.satelliteguys.US and click ALLOW.

See if that helps. If not... Check AUTOCOMPLETE next.

TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS-CONTENT

Click on AUTOCOMPLETE

Make sure that the box is checked at least for 'Usernames and Passwords on forms' unless you are on a public computer or don't want anyone else in your house to have IE fill in the blanks for you.

This may or may not help.

Lastly, check the security settings in IE.

TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS-ADVANCED
Scroll all the way to the bottom *Security*
and see if the 'Empty Temporary Internet FIles folder when browser is closed' option is checked. Try unchecking it if it is.

Thats all I can think of at present. If it is happening at home and work, it isn't likely something on your end though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts