AM/FM output to receiver from Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sunbern

Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Hello,
After I connect my OTA antenna to the far right input of the Voom box, is there a way to connect the Voom box directly to the AM and FM antenna inputs of my receiver? Or, do I have to split the signal (from the OTA antenna) before it goes into the Voom box and run 2 separate cables from the splitter, one going to the Voom box and the other going to the receiver?
Thanks for any help you can give,
Phil

Not sure what you mean by AM and FM. But you generally have two audio options. You can use the white/red audio out outputs from the Voom receiver to your audio receiver. Or, if you want to get 5.1 surround sound, you can connect the digial out connection from the Voom box (either optical or coaxial) to the digital input on your receiver.

I think he's talking about sharing his antenna line with his stereo

I think he's talking about sharing his antenna with his FM radio or his stereo with an FM input. He's probably got one of those Yagi antennas that do UHF/VHF/FM signals. In order to send it to your stereo too, you'll need to split your signal to both the stereo and your receiver. Be aware though that any splits in your signal will reduce it. So, if you have some weak stations around that you barely are able to decode, then you may need an amplifier in place to keep your signal strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts