Am I able to obtain a digital adapter?

Randamin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
South Texas
For those who are unfamiliar a digital adapter is a bare bones set-top box that has a coax in and out with no other output choices. The target audience are customers who use analog basic cable and have begun to lose channels on analog. The most redeeming quality is these cost no monthly fee and will remain that way until the beginning of 2014.

I would like to go to the local headend office to request one but am afraid of being laughed at if my market is not offering them right now. Hopefully that is not the case and am able to obtain a digital adapter since quite a handful of channels have gone digital only including all of the public access channels, TXCN, CMT, ABC family, Fuse, and Oxygen.Would any of you consider one of these? If all your TVs have a fully featured STB or DVR would you get one of these digital adapters anyways as a spare?

If its a necessity to see some of the channels they should send you one (or two) for FREE!!!

Here in Crapcast land (Minneapolis) anything above lifeline requires a box. When they changed it over they offered subs 2 for free...they're 1.99 now

I went to attempt to obtain one of these digital adapters to the headend office and as expected they didn't know what these were and wanted me to upsell me one of the higher priced STBs. Knowing the local office did not have any and not wanting to wait I simply called it in and one of them is to be shipped to my home. The CSR was only able to ship me one for this call but being that these are free I can't complain.

Last edited:
I went to attempt to obtain one of these digital adapters to the headend office and as expected they didn't know what these were and wanted me to upsell me one of the higher priced STBs. Knowing the local office did not have any and not wanting to wait I simply called it in and one of them is to be shipped to my home. The CSR was only able to ship me one for this call but being that these are free I can't complain.

They gave you a new STB without a monthly charge? I find that hard to believe.

These are smaller stripped down boxes without all the bells and whistles of a larger box with a higher monthly charge.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/digitaladapter

I was supposed to get mine today but instead one of the older Scientific Atlanta units arrived just like the one before I switched to a main Cisco unit. During the activation call was told because it was their mistake I could keep this one for free. Hopefully TWC will keep their word on this or else it will have to returned. I may have to switch it out being that the HDMI port shell sticks out and won't allow the cable to fully insert. This is to avoid getting the blame for damage much later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)