Am I being over-charged?

dc00

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I currently have an 811 and a 501(?), the SD DVR, and just ordered 622 from Dish and it's pending installation (mid March). The 811 will be returned.

I'll have America's Everything, plus the HD package, plus local. How much will I pay? I'm totally confused with the fee structure.

Plus, the CSR told me that I would have to pay leasing fees for both receivers. I thought the first one is always free. Who's wrong?

I'm dealing with the same thing, kinda. I just upgraded to a dvr and am sending my old receiver back in and they hit me with a $5 a month lease fee, I thought the first one was free too.

I am being overcharged as well, they are charging me the HD Enabling fee when I have the HD Platnium package.

Check your bills everyone.

There was a lot of discussion in this thread on the answer you are seeking but im not sure it answered exactly what you wanted.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57050&highlight=lease+fee
So you will have with the 622 the HD platinum pack with Locals. This i beleive is 104.99 per month.
Is the 5xx leased or owned - if its owned i cant see how they can charge you a lease fee. They can certainly charge you the additional receiver fee however. They shouldnt charge you the dvr fee coz you are hd platinum.
so i would think 104.99 + $6 lease + 5 additional receiver fee (SD 5xx)

I just called Dish and I'm stuck with a $5 lease fee even though I'm only using one receiver, stinkin' idiots, they're getting as bad as cable now with all of the extra charges. I'm outta here after my contract expires. My lovely $32 a month bill is now almost $50.

I called to question my bill because I had changed services and had prorated charges. Well I agreed with the explanation and wanted to pay the bill with my credit card, CSR informed me it would cost an extra $5 for her to process my payment. DISH is getting rediculous with their extra fees, I agree more and more like a cable company. Might as well have cable if we are going to be charged their rates, picture quality and channel options are very close.

My SD DVR is leased. I used to pay just one leasing fee for the two boxes. Is the policy changed so the first box isn't free any more?

dc00 said:
I currently have an 811 and a 501(?), the SD DVR, and just ordered 622 from Dish and it's pending installation (mid March). The 811 will be returned.

I'll have America's Everything, plus the HD package, plus local. How much will I pay? I'm totally confused with the fee structure.

Plus, the CSR told me that I would have to pay leasing fees for both receivers. I thought the first one is always free. Who's wrong?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my take on the matter:

Under Digital Home Advantage (DHA), the price of one receiver was include in the AEP base price of $81.99 per month (new AEP price was raised to $84.99 per month or $89.99 with locals). Your old price would have been:

$86.99 (old AEP price with locals)
$0.00 lease for your 811
$5.00 additional receiver fee for 501
$4.98 DVR fee for 501 if applicable (waived with AEP)
$9.99 for Dish HD Pak
$5.99 DHPP if applicable
---------
$107.97

$112.97 (add $5 if you subscribed to VOOM HD Pak)

Since you're taking advantage of the Dish'n It Up Promotion to upgrade your 811, you will now have to pay a $6 HD rental fee for the 622 receiver:

$104.99 (Dish HD Platinum, which is DishHD (includes VOOM and AEP prog)
$6.00 HD receiver fee for your leased Dish'n It Up 622
$5.00 SD receiver fee for your leased 501
$5.98 DVR fee for 501 if applicable (waived with DishHD Platinum)
$5.98 DVR fee for 622 (waived with DishHD Platinum)
$5.99 DHPP if applicable
----------
$121.98

$115.98 if you were to have purchased your 622.

Paying the $6 lease fee on the 622 sucks, but if you're doing an apples-to-apples comparison your price increase appears to be $3.01 (115.98 - 112.97), which is reasonable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts