Am I missing something about Dish maintenance?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpezz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have no contract so I can quit at any time. so if I have a problem and Dish wants to charge me to fix it, can I simply tell them "I quit", then reorder service and get new equipment?

JohnP

Thats not true.

I re-ordered Dish recently even though I was a subscriber. I just used my wife's maiden name and cell phone #. No problem whatsoever

Exactly. For you to use your name and social security number, you have to buy all of your equipment and pay for a reconnect fee.

Im a new Dish Customer and was surprised when the installer told me they were going to charge me for any equipment problems after the first 90 days unless I purchased the optional extended warranty for $5.99 per month. Now if I would like to sign a 1 or 2 year contract option they would include the extended warranty coverage at no cost.
My DVR-522 manual says it has a 1 year warranty but I will have to pay the shipping fee for returns.
I figured I would be keeping the Dish system for atleast a year anyways and signed a 1-year contract.

jtravel said:
Im a new Dish Customer and was surprised when the installer told me they were going to charge me for any equipment problems after the first 90 days unless I purchased the optional extended warranty for $5.99 per month. Now if I would like to sign a 1 or 2 year contract option they would include the extended warranty coverage at no cost.
My DVR-522 manual says it has a 1 year warranty but I will have to pay the shipping fee for returns.
I figured I would be keeping the Dish system for atleast a year anyways and signed a 1-year contract.
The receivers have a 1 yr warranty but any labor for reinstalling or realigning the dish comes out of your pocket. The DHPP plan provides for a reduced service call rate of $29.99. When you lease the equipment from a CABLE COMPANY they provide service calls on their equipment. :)

It should be clarified, cable will go out and provide the service call at no cost but when they go out there if it is determined to be customer caused and not something that went down per natural causes the customer is charged back.

thiggin2 said:
I thought I just saw a post that said 6 months.
I was told I could return after (6) months as a "previous DHA customer" or "former DHA customer" with a few simple conditions. I'd qualify for all the same things as any normal new customer, i.e. free equipment, installation, etc, etc.

Oh, that's no big deal. The fee's aren't BS. It's the same as mirror fees the folks that won their equipment pay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts